Part 2 Chapter 22

The next day,
The inn Garrick was staying at.

This morning, Garrick was just relaxing in his room and cultivating. This was because his entourage was still busy taking care of the captives who were handed over to the city and waiting for the imperial garrison to secure his journey to the capital. It was estimated that it would only take one more day to reach the capital since it was no longer dragged by the captives. If they left during the day, then they would have to stay overnight in the village between the capital and the city they were in now. But Garrick had asked the Imperial Garrison to take care of it.

Currently, Garrick has reached level 3 of the 5th realm on his cultivation rank. In addition, Fiona had also reached level 9 of the 2nd realm. He wanted to reach level 6 as soon as possible. Garrick considered level 6 to be a'safe' level, where he could temporarily not increase his cultivation level as it was only 1 level away from reaching immortality. As he knew, he also wanted Fiona to at least reach the 4th realm and could reach the 3rd realm as soon as possible. That was because he wanted someone who could accompany him during his cultivation journey. Right now, he is still hesitant to teach cultivation to his family.
At around 10 o'clock, Fiona suddenly knocked on his door. Garrick came out of his meditation/cultivation state. He then opened the door to his room.

"Excuse me, young master, I just received a carrier pigeon from the palace." Fiona said.

"Oh, what's the news?" asked Garrick.

"I haven't read it yet." Fiona said as she handed over the tube containing the letter from the palace.

Garrick then opened the tube, took the letter, and read it. There was very little written in the message.

"It seems that the palace does not like the interruption of our journey. His Majesty King Harlow the IV ordered a division of troops to escort us. They will arrive today. It seems that we can only leave tomorrow morning. King Harlow the IV has also begun an investigation into this matter." Garrick said.

"I will inform the others of this delay, young master." Fiona said.

"Alright, if you're done, come back here for our cultivation lesson." Garrack said.

Before Fiona could answer, Carl appeared with someone who appeared to be a military officer.

"Report, young master. The Imperial garrison has a message that must be delivered to you." Carl said.

"Very well. Welcome, how can we help?" Garrick said this to the military officer.

The officer was somewhat surprised to see that Count Garrick was still a child yet was already acting like an adult.

"Good afternoon, Count. The garrison has a direct order from His Majesty King Harlow the IV to provide an escort to the lord. Because of this, the entire garrison is currently in full deployment to secure the city, and we request permission to station a number of soldiers around this inn for security." The military officer said.

"Thank you for your attention. We accept your escort. Please convey our respectful greetings to your leader." Garrick said.

"I will do so, Count. In the meantime, please excuse me," said the military officer.

After that, Carl and the officer left. Fiona also left to carry out Garrick's orders.

.

.

.

A few hours later,

Fiona knocked again on the door of Garrick's room, and Garrick opened the door.