Part 2 Chapter 11 Trouble in Capital City 2

Solatia city fortress wall

The battle between the elite troops of the kingdom of Solace and the rebel forces has been going on for more than 20 minutes. For the time being, both sides looked equally strong. Although the rebels had far more troops, the quality of the troops was far inferior to the elite troops of the Solace Empire. As a result, there were far more casualties on the side of the rebel forces than the elite troops of the kingdom of Solace. However, of the 600 regular soldiers of the Solace Kingdom who participated in the battle, there were almost none left, especially after holding back 200 elite troops from the Kingdom of Auginia, who attacked the rear of the Solace Kingdom troop formation. On the other hand, the elite troops of the Kingdom of Auginia had also only half faced the regular troops and elite troops of the Kingdom of Solace.

Suddenly, 300 regular troops of the Solace Kingdom appeared from the main road! They immediately attacked the Auginia Kingdom's elite troops, who were fighting at the rear of the Solace Kingdom's troop formation. The shouts of the newly arrived troops raised the spirits of the Solace Kingdom troops, who were declining because they could not control the situation. Behind that shout, the morale of the elite troops of the Kingdom of Auginia dropped.

Because they were attacked from two directions, the elite troops of the Kingdom of Auginia experienced tremendous difficulties. The two armies' combined firepower quickly killed many of them as they attempted to flee the battleground. In the end, there were only about 20 people left who could escape. However, the regular troops of the Solace kingdom also suffered many casualties, with a total of 500 regular troops left, while the elite troops of the Solace kingdom were also left with 700 people. On the other hand, the rebel troops who controlled the fortress wall had also greatly decreased, there were only fewer than 3000 troops.

The elite troops of the Solace kingdom also implemented a change in the formation of troops fighting, where after fighting for a while, the troops fighting in the front line would be replaced by the troops behind them, and the troops moved to the back to rest. This gave the troops of the Kingdom of Solace the advantage of maintaining their stamina for battle.

The regular troops of the kingdom of Solace began to break away from the battle formation and move towards the left and right of the battlefield, they climbed the fortress wall through other paths. As a result, the rebels were surrounded from three directions. Although only 250 troops attacked from each side, it caused their concentration against the elite troops of the Solace kingdom to be broken. Moreover, help kept coming from elsewhere in Solatia, even if it was only a few tens of regular soldiers each time.

The rebel troops, who had no way to escape, tried to resist as hard as they could. But the Solace troops, who currently had more space to move, would retreat when the rebel troops attacked, and they would destroy the end elements of the attacking troops. As the rebel troops lost momentum, the Solace royal troops tightened their siege again.

Slowly but surely, the number of rebel troops decreased.

---oOo---

Palace Courtyard

Agatha and Fiona had almost reached the palace gate. All the enemy troops that were in the center facing the two of them had been killed. In total, the two of them had killed more than 300 troops. Around them were only corpses and body parts of enemy soldiers and pools of blood, there were no living enemy troops left. Despite this, the two women seemed to remain calm and showed no fatigue at all. The enemy troops had avoided meeting the two people, so both Fiona and Agatha began to chase after the enemy troops.