Scraps of Memories:

"That sounds really important," Beren replied from the other side.

But Charlotte was suddenly torn from reality and she began to remember things from the past: When she was younger, she often walked through the garden. "Charlotte!" suddenly sounded the voice of her mentor, who taught her many things at home at the time. She was shocked because she was aware that her gait and her posture were always under close observation. Lady Raslak always paid attention to a good posture. She also made sure that her feet were positioned correctly, and whenever Charlotte disregarded one of the many things, she was severely reprimanded. Even if her steps were too loud and she trampled, she was also made aware of this. Charlotte had learned a lot from her back then. Until she was sent to Bamarren. "Feet! Attitude! Breathe!" Lady Raslak always reminded her. Charlotte immediately obeyed and now paid more attention to her posture and the positioning of her feet. Lady Raslak was strict, yet not cruel. Despite her Bajoran traits, she was fully accepted by her mentor.

Charlotte came back to reality: "We are in the cave system. Level Three students block all exits and capture Level One and Two students. We're hiding right now, it's really serious. I don't know how much longer we can move inconspicuously."

Charlotte's mind wandered again: She still remembered the lessons when Lady Raslak taught her the perfect posture. Charlotte had to lean calmly against the wall and let a book balance on her head. Such teaching units usually lasted about twenty minutes. During this time, she was forced to stand leaning against the wall with her back straight and her head raised. Absolute silence was the order of the day during these twenty minutes and Charlotte was advised not to speak during this time and to fully engage in the exercise.

Beren's voice came again: "The most important thing is to protect the student from level one. I'm on my way"

However, Charlotte was suddenly torn from reality and she began to remember things from the past: In these twenty minutes absolute silence was announced and Charlotte was advised not to speak during this time and to fully engage in the exercise. Lady Raslak apparently noticed her tension: "Relax your soles! Charlotte, your toes!" Charlotte immediately followed her instruction and gradually relaxed her body. A few minutes later, Lady Raslak had already praised her posture.

Beren rushed to the group's aid a few hours later and the team managed to escape from the older students, thus passing the Wilderness Trial as well. Charlotte also passed the other tests with good performances and is promoted in Bamarren. As her father wished it, but also because she wished it. One day shortly after the exam period, a lecturer came to her section: "Three ketay! Someone wants to talk to you" "Yes, sir," the blond-haired answered shortly and followed the lecturer into a meeting room. Arriving in the room, Charlotte stared at a large screen on which a Bajoran woman was depicted: The Bajoran woman had blond hair and green eyes. The Bajoran smiled, "Hello daughter, congratulations on your promotion" Charlotte didn't answer. She was now completely confused and didn't know how to react in such a situation. While she had wondered who her mother was, she had never considered meeting each other, as she suspected her mother had died on Bajor. Noticing Charlotte's uneasiness, the Bajoran said, "You must have some questions. I'll answer any question you have" The student began to stutter with nervousness: "W...Who are you?" "I'm Tahiri Derbe" introduced her counterpart. "I am your mother" "Do you still live on Bajor?" Charlotte asked her. "Yes I do" "And I still live on Cardassia," Charlotte reported. "Still...I still live with my father too. Do you remember him?" "Yes, I will never forget your father," confessed her mother. "He did a lot for me" "And took your daughter away from you...Great man" Noting her daughter's resentment, her mother said, "Don't be so mad at your father, dear. I was the one who gave you away" Now Charlotte was perplexed: "Why?" "It's difficult to live on Bajor right now," Derbe reported. "You would have no future on Bajor. You would have to spend your life in slavery, like me" "I don't exactly have an easy life on Cardassia either." Tears came to her eyes. "I couldn't go to a normal school, could hardly be seen in society because I was bullied" "I'm so sorry dear" The blond-haired wept very bitterly. She had imagined meeting her birth mother very differently. After sixteen long years she saw her mother for the first time and hopefully not for the last time...