"It's fucking freezing," I wrap my arms around myself as we sit on a cracked concrete room. It was dark, and the only light that was let into the room was through the barred window as dusk neared. You could hear the echos of walking and talking, and the room's air was so thick I felt as if my mind was playing tricks on me.

"There has to be a way out." Ghost says.

"There's no point; this place is secured head to fucking toe," Soap responds.

"Hopefully the rest of the group heard us- followed us even. They're out only hope now," I say as I drop my head in between my curled up knees. I look to Ghost and Soap with the light that my eyes allowed, and sigh as I lean my head back. "There's only one right answer."

"No," Ghost says looking to me. "You're not doing that Laswell."

"I have to."

"No you don't," Soap argues.

"If I don't then you die- it's as simple as that." I snap as I stand up, leaning against the wall.

"We will get out of here- just.. let's make a plan." Soap says.

"What plan? We aren't armed. We are stripped dry and clean of all our equipment." I say.

"There's always a way." Ghost says, sighing. "We just need to fight our way out of it."

"Oh yeah, let's kill a few guards and ride off into the fucking sunset guys," I sarcastically say.

I didn't get why it was so hard for them.

"You both need to realize- this is the only way. We can't fight this. Hand me over to Makarov; then plan a rescue mission."

"That's too risky, LT." Soap says.

"I will try to play daughter dearest didn't Makarov, gain his trust. It will take a while, but once I do I will radio you guys a subset of numbers that will be coordinates."

"Smart, but I still don't like it." Ghost argues.

"What's your plan then, Simon Riley?" I lift my arms up, stepping towards his shadowed figure.

"Anything but this." He says shortly. I see his eyes through the moon light, and they were not happy.

"I gotta side with Ghost, Ruby." Soap says as he steps by me and puts a hand on my shoulder.

"Ghost." I firmly say. I catch his eyes looking away, but I knew that he was listening. "Let me do this. Please. Let me do something for once- I am more than capable." My hand rests on his bicep, and his whole body becomes tense under my touch. He wasn't happy. At all. But he knew we were cornered into this shit.

"Fine." He grumbles. "But you get one month. If you can't do it by then, we blow this whole facility and country up into fucking pieces.."

"Thank you," I say. I look to Soap, wrapping my arms around his neck. "I appreciate you, MacTavish." I say into his ear softly. I feel him hug back tightly, his fingers gripping my skin. "Go gettem Tiger." Soap says jokingly as he walks to the window on the opposite side of the room.

I release from Soap, looking to Ghost. "He won't kill me- he can't. He would have by now." He doesn't respond to me, but instead just stares blankly into my eyes- the cold emotion surfacing. "You told me that you weren't easy to be with. And the thing is, Simon Riley.. I'm not either. I do what I want, I get what I want. And I won't regret a damn thing. So what you're going to do is hug me back, because tomorrow is never certain for anyone." I wrap my arms around his waist, squeezing tightly.

His hands lightly wrap around me, one hand coming to the back of my head and the other my lower back. He pulls me into him, and from his embrace I could tell that he trusted me- he just couldn't lose anyone else. I look up to him, smiling a smile he probably couldn't see. I pull back, holding Ghost's Baklava and face in my hands.

"I care about everyone's safety. I'm doing this for them. For you. You're my everything. I wouldn't be doing this if I didn't think that for one moment." I whisper. His eyes search mine intently, his demeanor freezing. "You're not going to lose me, Simon Riley." I release my grip onto him, my fingers tingling from his touch. Something I wouldn't feel for who knows how long.

I feel my cheeks shake and my eyes start to burn, as I approach the metal door. I look back and nod to the both of them, watching the sun dissipate into the air. It was now pitch black.

I pull back my fist, hitting the door repeatedly.

"I know one of you assholes are out there. Tell Makarov I accept the deal- I will come with him at the extent he releases my team."

The metal door almost immediately opens, revealing a bright light that made me squint. A guard grabs me by the shoulders, roughly turning me around. I now stood, staring at Ghost and Soap directly in the eyes as the light from the room exposed their figures.

I hear handcuffs click and adjust onto my wrist, the sharp metal tight onto my bone. I smile to them, feeling a small tear escape from the corner of my left eye. I promised Ghost I'd never leave this world- and I wasn't. But it was the impending fears that lie ahead that terrified me most.

As the metal door closes, I see Ghost and Soap sprint towards the door, screaming. Then it shuts. The heavy metal pounds, and I look to the guards nodding as they shove my body forward.

"Let's get this over with."