"We need to get into the room before they track us," I say panting.

"Just what I was thinking." Ghost grunts.

"Do you think they're in there?" Soap asks.

"If we are lucky, yeah." Ghost responds.

"What if they aren't?" I ask. "We just chase them down?"

"We're gonna have to." Ghost replies sighing. "I just hope Gaz doesn't get them killed with his mouth."

"Very true. He does have an attitude problem," Soap agrees.

I roll my eyes. While that was true, Price was the logical and rational one of the bunch of us.

We slide further down the hill, hitting the street corner where the abandoned hotel is. The lights were off, and the sky was starting to turn dusk. The ocean waves were splashing against the rocks, and there was a heavy feeling of eeriness. It almost sunk my chest in; I couldn't tell if it was the maternal instinct I was gaining or just the nerves talking.

We approach the door, Soap and I aligned behind Ghost as he picks the lock. His hand goes up as he slowly pushes it open, the heavy wood creaking.

I feel my heart tighten as I close my eyes. I didn't hear any sounds, no talking, no gunfire, no footsteps. That could either be a good or a really bad thing.

Ghost quickly turns the corner, his gun aiming up at the pitch black room. I follow behind Ghost and Soap closely, my eyes looking out for any silhouettes or noises coming from corners.

Nothing.

"Clear," Ghost says.

"At least this place is secure," Soap says. "But it won't be for long if they track us."

"We cut a line through the trees- we could be anywhere in this city. They're not going to choose an abandoned motel room, Shao chose this spot for a reason." I lean against the wall, crossing my arms.

"You got a point," Soap says as he flops onto the bed.

"Wait." My eyes widen as I recall what Price showed me. The back up "Oh Shit" plan, is what I liked to call it.

I walk over to Price's bed, kneeling onto the ground and pulling out a metal box.

"Price has trinkets?" Soap asks.

"No," Ghost says. "He has a plan."

I open the box, examining the contents inside. He mentioned a GPS.. but what would the GPS be-

"His hat," I look up at Ghost and Soap who exchange glances. "He has a freaking GPS in his hat! We just need to find the chip."

Ghost and Soap begin to look around the room, tearing apart sheets and drawers.

"I know he left it in here," I murmur as I rummage through the junk.

I slide the box back under. He wouldn't leave it in an obvious place. He never does.

"Check the mattress." I stand up, tearing the blankets off of the bed.

"Smart man," Soap says. Ghost and Soap start to help me find something, and low and behold my hand finds a hole that was just big enough for a small device to burrow in.

I pull out the small tracker, the round plastic and metal sitting in my hand hot.

"Good job, Phoenix." Ghost says. He grabs the tracker from my hand, examining it.

Soap comes up next to us as Ghost turns in the device. The screen flashes the city of Japan, several green dots lining the coordinates. Then, an orange one.

I point to the screen. "Look. It had to be them."

"They're clear across the god damn city," Ghost grunts.

"Which means it's definite that Shao has them. There's no way they'd go across Japan willingly, let alone that fast." I sigh.

"Looks like we will have to get moving." Soap replies.

"But we need to stay low." I warn. "I'm sure they know we are here by now."

"Staying low in Japan is easy until they know your face." Ghost says.

"We can take a car," I offer. "It'll get our faces off of the streets."

"Yeah but where can we get one?" Soap asks. "Shao doesn't have any for us to use."

"Maybe we can—" I pause mid sentence, Soap looking at me with concern and confusion.

"You okay, LT?" He raises his eyebrows.

I look to Ghost, who tries not to make it obvious that he knew. I immediately break from the conversation, running to the bathroom and belching over the toilet.

My throat burns with acidic bile, considering I haven't eaten since yesterday. My stomach was cramping from throwing up and heaving, and my head felt hot and dizzy.

I lean back against the wall, my breathing labored and tired. I shove the sweaty hair from my forehead, closing my eyes as I try to regain my grounding.

A knock sounds on the door. It was Soap.

"Phoenix." He says.

"Yes, Soap?" I ask looking up.

"You're not well." He leans against the wall.

"I am fine," I reassure. "Where's Simon?"

"Outside. Trying to contact Shao for reinforcements."

"Then why are you here?" I ask with my head now between my knees.

"Because I notice things. People think I don't, but I do. And I'm not stupid, you know." I look up at him, a smirk on his face.

He kneels down, his face closer to mine as he slightly peers down at my lips then to my eyes.

"You're pregnant."

I feel my stomach drop- even though it was the truth, I couldn't come to terms with it still. I stay silent as I bite my lip, unable to speak.

"You don't have to respond. I just know. And it's okay. Ghost and I will make sure nothing happens to it—"

"I don't want it!" I burst out in a hiss. "I want it gone, as soon as we get back!" I lean my head against the wall.

A hand lies on my shoulder. "And I support whatever decision you make. And I know Ghost will too. But just be careful, you're risking a lot."

"I didn't ask for this, Soap." I sigh. "I'm supposed to be infertile."

He pauses, and I look back up at him.

"Welcome to my fucked up life," I laugh.