4.

"What the fuck is your issue?" I hiss as I nervously look around the room, trying to play off an awkward smile.

"Just go with it, it'll be worth it." He gives a stern look.

This was the definition of the opposite of something Simon would do. Simon Riley, the man who hides in dark corners and avoids any sign of human confrontation.

I warp a forced smile on my lips, holding out my hand for his big one to grab my small one.

"Yes!" I say.

I cringe inside, my stomach twisting in knots. I close my eyes, trying to drown out the cheers and applause. He stands up, his arms wrapping around my waist. We turn towards the lady, a key dangling in front of our faces.

"Enjoy the room, you guys deserve it."

Simon takes the key, nodding to the woman and bringing me into his side as he waves at the people in the lobby.

I look confusedly up at him, my lips twisted. We turn a hallway, entering an empty elevator.

"How the hell— was there another girl?!" I exclaim."

"Thought you didn't care?"

"I don't." I cross my arms.

"Nope. Stayed here one night with the money I had- I was desperate for shelter. Then I saw a couple do it. Decided to try it,"

I look down, nodding at the ground and scoffing. "You literally gave me a heart attack."

"Because you don't want me proposing to you?"

My heart flutters a little at his wording. "No, because I've never imagined begging proposed to." I swallow.

"I mean, with that attitude.." he lowly teases.

I hit his shoulder. "How are we gonna contact them?"

Simon pulls out a small cell phone, wiggling it in front of my face. "Streets are so busy, pick pocketing became ten times easier."

"Damn," I laugh.

The elevator stops, the dinging sound following the opening of the shiny metal doors. The hallways were decorated with a royal-modern look, yellows, golds, whites, and dark reds.

"Down here." He turns left, walking towards a large window that exposed the ocean. The sky was a dusky sunset, the moon starting to make an appearance.

"Woah," I say. It felt as though we were as high as birds.

He turns to the right, unlocking a door and pushing it open, gesturing for me to walk in.

I walk into the room, and his hand places itself in my lower back.

"No fucking way," I muse.

"Like my women classy," he responds sarcastically to my cursing.

In front of me stood a huge California king bed, doused in a thick and furry comforter and several body pillows. In front of it stood a large built in wall dresser, an enormous TV planted on top. To the right stood an open tub in the room, jets and towels hung over the edge. The other small room held a tiny kitchen and a toilet in a separate other room.

I look to the left, seeing a small dining table and the whole left wall being glass lined with thin red curtains. It looked over the pier and the ocean, exposing the beauty of the water.

"No fucking way,"

I had no other words to say.

"Told you it was worth it. You should trust me more often,"

I look behind me, giving him a sarcastic look. I then fling myself into the bed, my body bouncing on a soft marshmallow.

I look up to see Ghost typing away on his phone, probably code for. "Hey we are trapped here for a day just wait up."

"It doesn't even feel like we are on a mission," I say. I spread my arms out as he lies down besides me, looking up at the ceiling.

"Yeah, well.. this is the last fun we are going to have before shit hits the fan. Might as well do it in style- besides, Tao and his men would never think to look in a hotel like this."

"That is true..." I trail off, looking over to Ghost. His hands laid on his chest, and his expression read nothing yet again.

Everything with him felt normal, casual. Even if it was something I've never done before, it felt as though it was nothing new but everything new at the same time. But the way he made me feel was new.

"So.. tub in the middle of the hotel, huh?" I say sitting up.

I look behind me at Ghost, who's looking in the direction of the tub.

"Are we gonna take a dip together?" I raise an eyebrow.

"Woah, woah..." he says lowly.

"Come on, we've showered together."

"That was different." He says short.

"I'm not going to think of you any different. I know where they're from, the scars. And you don't need to be ashamed of them- especially from me." I frown, leaning over the bed and my hands and chin resting on his chest as I look up at him. "Nothing could make me see you differently."

His breathing deepens as he slightly looks to me, then to the ceiling.

"Fine."

I sit up, smiling as I strut over to the giant tub and turn on the water.

I slip off my clothing, feeling an immediate sense of relief. I look back at Simon who's eyes are glued to my face.

"Come on, Simon Riley. It's not like it's anything you haven't seen or explored before," I tease as I put my foot in the tub.