His appearance was mangled, his beard wired and black with tinges of white everywhere. His eyes read maniac. But, unfortunately, I saw a resemblance I never wanted to see- something u haven't seen until now.

I press on my ear piece, trying to get Price and Gaz to listen in to this conversation. They had to hear something. Even if they were caught.

"Let them go, or I'll fucking kill you," I demand as I pull out my knife.

"Now, now is that a way to talk to your father?" He smirks as a guard holds the knife up closer to Soap and he holds it closer to Ghost.

"You're not my fucking father and you never will be!" I exclaim, feeling my throat tighten with anger. I clench my fists.

"Ruby, don't—" Soap attempts to talk, but is cut off with the blade approaching is throat more. A small trickle of red appears from his skin.

I look to Ghost, who's hands are up indicating me to keep my calm. I feel my nails dig into my palm deeper, as I imagine Makarov coming close to hurting Simon.

"How did you get in?" I ask as I step forward.

"We have our ways. Don't worry, your little friends are not harmed- but we did catch them spying on the building.

"How did you know we were here." I demand.

"Your dear old friend Shepherd, I may say." Makarov says. "Exchanged intel of your destination for the sparing of his life," his thick Russian accent slurs.

Of fucking course.

"Disarm these EMPs and we will leave Russia." I say.

Makarov starts to laugh, bringing Ghost into a tighter chokehold. "Or what?" He smirks.

"Or I will skin you alive and make sure you feel every nerve in your body get severed," I spit.

"Well there's no fun in that, is there?" He looks up in a contemplating motion.

"Why do you want to bomb the U.S. I demand."

"Because, vendettas need to be completed." He says.

Deep down, I knew there was nothing else we could do. It was like being backed up into a dark alley way by a pack of rabid wolves. No where to run, no where to go.

"Take me." I offer.

"No!" Ghost and Soap say in unison.

Makarov states at me, a smirk crawling onto his face. "How about this, hm?" He raises his eyebrows. "We take you and you little friend to my place. Then, we decide which ones we want to keep- which ones we want to kill."

"Fine." I say looking to them.

"Ruby, you can't—" Ghost starts, but I interrupt.

"Yes. I can. We will go with you. Just please- don't hurt them."

I look to Ghost as I try to tell him I was sorry- but it had to be done. I look to Soap, promising him that I'd get us out of this somehow.

Makarov looks behind at his guards, nodding, then to me, saying something in Russian. I then see a guard approach behind Ghost and Soap, putting a sack over their head. I hear them curse, and I close my eyes. Then, blackness went over my head.

We were now at the hands of a most wanted criminal and terrorist.