"How the hell are we going to go to Cancun while worrying about Graves' ass?" Gaz sighs as he pinched his nose.

"We don't. We need to separate." Price states. "It seems to be what works best for this task force. We need to distribute our strong points."

I look to Soap, Gaz, Alejandro, and Ghost who then look to Price in shock.

"Sorry- we are separating 141 to take down two of the most wanted criminals right now?" I ask.

Price nods slowly, bringing out a computer. "Yes. Exactly. I am going to contact Laswell, see exactly what she has to say even though I'm sure she will be up for it. But it's also up to you two," he points to Simon and I.

"You guys are the lieutenants of the task force," Soap interjects.

"All I ask is you let me handle Valeria." Alejandro nods. "She needs to go down for her crimes."

I look to him and return it, sighing as I look to Ghost. He knew exactly what we should do. And it wasn't going to Cancun. I knew all he had on his mind at the moment was getting more than even with Graves.

"I think we know what we want to do." Ghost says as he maintains eye contact with me.

"What's that?" Soap asks.

"We stay here in Las Almas. Eliminate Graves." Ghost said it with so much confidence to the point where he knew what he wanted more than anything- and that was revenge.

"We will split up like usual. It seems to do the trick, dividing our skill sets among everyone, just like Price said." I say. "So that means Soap, Ghost, and I will stay here while the rest of you take the next militia helicopter to Cancun."

Price and Gaz look at each other, nodding.

"Sounds like a plan to me. As long as I'm not dangled out of one like bait again, Captain." Gaz jokes as Price rolls his eyes.

"Alejandro- once you capture Valeria, call us so that way we can try to get the Mexican military involved and your team to extract her soldiers from these damn streets." I command.

"You got it, hermana." Alejandro salutes.

I look to Soap, pointing to his clothing. "We are going to have to be clothed differently. Graves can easily spot us from a mile away with these suits. Lets change and head out."

"Sounds good to me," Soap says. "But can we celebrate after by going to a buffet or something? Because I'm starving." Soap puts his hand to his stomach, his puppy dog eyes hopeful.

"Yes, Soap." Ghost says.

I look up next to me at Ghost, looking him up and down as well to set him in his place. "That means you too, Ghost. Find a new outfit. And yes, you can keep the mask."

Soap and Ghost wander off behind me as I look to Price talking to Laswell on the phone. I noticed he had a tendency to twirl his mustache nervously when he talked to her or even me at times. Maybe it was a Laswell intimidation thing.

"Alright, let's call in a chopper and roll out." Alejandro calls as he turns around, stuffing a bag full of ammo, frags, and guns.

I walk over to the side of the house, digging through a closet with multiple black outfits. It would help us blend in perfectly.

I dig out a black tank top and a pair of black camouflage jeans, and two black t shirts with a matching pair of black cargo jeans. I then grab three bullet proof vests, tossing them across my arm as I shut the closet.

I toss Soap and Ghost their outfits, walking into the bathroom and shutting the door. I sigh as I look at my mangled appearance in the mirror, tracing the scar that lined itself along my skin. The white and pink shade of it glistened along the fluorescent light. I felt like a freak; but at the same time, Simon helped me forget how I feel about myself.

And I liked that.

The door opens suddenly, causing me to jump slightly. I turn around, my hand on my chest as I see Ghost leaning in the doorway. His hand was perched alongside the frame, his tall demeanor intimidating as he looked at me through his balaclava. He wore the outfit I chose, a tight black t shirt that lined every single muscle on his torso and biceps. The cargo pants made everything look.. bigger, so to put it.

"Simon," I breathe. "Can you knock perhaps?" I raise an eyebrow.

"You act like I haven't lived with you for a year," he slightly jokes as he steps in all the way, closing the door behind him.

"How come is it you come into the bathroom at the worst times possible?" I smirk.

"Because, I like to catch you off guard." He suddenly kneels down slightly, his hands gripping my hips as he lifts me onto the porcelain sink and granite counter.

My body shivers at his touch, my legs feeling hot. It was as though I could never get rid of the butterflies I felt with him.

He leans into me, our faces within a close and awkward proximity. How far we've come. He leans into my ear, his hand swiping my hair behind my neck.

"I wanted to apologize, if you want a real answer." He murmurs.

My neck hairs stand up at the growl in his tone as I bite by cheek. He leans back, looking at my intense and intent and stare.

"For what?" I ask. "We are over the other night—"

"You know that was me being stupid. I'm not apologizing for that, because I did mean it. I just realized it's impossible for me to do. I'm apologize for.." he pauses, looking down at the ground. He then looks back up to me, his hands cupping my face.

"I'm apologizing for what happened with Graves." He says firm.

"You don't need to, Simon." My hand lays on top of his as his eyes read a world full of hurt. And I knew what it possibly reminded him of from his past.

"I do need to. I'm supposed to protect you, I failed at that. Seeing you in that alley. I felt relieved, but. As soon as I saw the bruising, the scratch marks, the blood. I felt every bone in my body just shatter. I can't handle seeing you hurt, and I sure as hell can't mentally imagine someone else touching you- especially in that way."

It felt like a therapy session. And the truth is, I didn't know what to say. And I always knew what to say is what astonished me. I took care of it, and he knew I did. But he felt guilty for an outcome he couldn't control, even if we were to reverse time somehow.

My hand slides under the black shirt, his muscles slightly contracting at the contact of my cold fingers. My nails slightly scratch his skin as I make way up to his shoulder. I look down, examining his well formed abdomen and v-line. I pull his shirt, causing him to lean into me.

His eyes widen, but I feel his excitement.

"Just shut up and kiss me." I smirk.