10 - Kiss and Make Up

Heeseung's POV

Evelyn and I are all over the Internet and I can't help but feel relieved they didn't get any of what happened with Y/N. It's not even about me, I'm used to scandals and rumors. I just don't want her to be harassed by paparazzi and crazy people. She didn't sign up for that when we first met and I'm not planning on exposing her to millions of people who would only be a pain in her ass.

"Mr. Lee," Kevin, one of my employees, speaks from outside and I tell him to come in. "Excuse me, here are the papers you asked for."

"Thank you." I dismiss him and look at the stack of papers that he put on the desk. As much as I want to complain about the amount of shit I have to do, I have to work in order to keep my position and potentially be sent to Seoul's head office. And to distract me from thinking about Y/N.

I review some strategies and make a few changes when needed, all while thinking about not thinking about Y/N. I hate when something is distracting me and I hate when I don't get what I want right away. And right now, I want her. I want her under me and I want every part of her to be mine. No woman had made me want her this much, but knowing that Y/N would probably never be mine is such an infuriating thought and kind of a challenge I'd say. She seems unattainable and that only makes me want her more.

Looks? I've made it to magazine covers. Money, power? I have it all. I've always been successful in every aspect of my life, but Y/N? Her unapologetic demeanor draws me in like a moth to a flame.

All the text on the paper I'm holding doesn't make sense anymore as I think about her and I put it back on the desk, leaning back against the chair. Then I call my secretary and she steps inside the office right away. "Yes, Mr. Lee?"

"Ask the hiring team about the name Baek Y/N." She frowns at my words but nods nevertheless. "I need it so tell them to look it up in the applications archive and hand it to me as soon as possible."

"Yes, sir." She walks out of the office and I stare at Y/N's picture on my screen. Would it be a good idea to let her work here? That's if she accepts, she's one stubborn woman. Having her around would be such a distraction to me but not being able to see her and thinking about her is more frustrating. I just need to know what this woman is doing while I'm daydreaming about her like some lover boy. 

I sigh and keep her in the corner of my mind while I try to focus on work. It's April so the hotels are going to be booked fast for the summer season. I need to ensure that all our strategies are aligned, and our team is prepared for the high demand.

Having Y/N work here can be a good thing because, despite her brashness, she could bring a fresh perspective and innovative ideas that might benefit the company. She could help work on our café project and improve our customer service, both of which have been areas of concern in the past.

"Mr. Lee?" The secretary's voice snaps me out of my trance and I tell her to come in. She walks inside with a document in hand. "When I asked the hiring team, they couldn't find her application papers but they had her application saved in the system so they printed it out for you. They're looking for the original papers since you asked for them." I take the papers, quickly scanning through the details while she dismisses herself and closes the door behind her. Her qualifications are quite impressive although her work experience is not that extensive. Nevertheless, her potential is evident and that's all I need to consider.

My thoughts are interrupted when I hear someone knock on the door. "Come in," I speak with my eyes glued on the paper as I read everything about her. That woman could bring a positive change. When I raise my head to look at whoever stepped inside, I forget how to breathe. Baek Y/N is standing right in front of me with the Yves Saint Laurent bag in her hand.

Without saying anything, she puts the bag on my desk and I quickly hide the papers before I cross my legs. "I don't take back the things I give to people." I look at the bag and shake my head, trying not to show how her unexpected appearance affects me. "You didn't have to return it, it's yours to keep."

Her eyes are looking into mine for a couple of seconds before she nods. "I don't want to keep it and I don't need gifts from you, but if you don't want it back, I'll just throw it in the trash on my way out."

"Y/N, stop." I don't intend for my voice to sound this cold and demanding but it does and she pauses, her hand hovering over the bag. She looks at me with a questioning look and I can see the hurt flicker in her eyes. "Do you always give back the gifts people give you?"

"Not when they mean it." She puts her hands on her hips and tilts her head slightly. It's cute when she tries to act tough, but I can tell she's easily annoyed. And right now, I seem to have hit a nerve. "I wonder how many other women you bought dresses for, other than the two of us last night."

My lips curve into a wry smile when I realize where all of this is coming from. "I didn't buy a dress for anyone other than you, Y/N. But I did take another woman out for dinner. I wanted to take you, not her, but you were acting childish."

"Oh yeah? Then you should have acted like you wanted to take me out for dinner for real instead of being a fucking asshole and making me feel like a worthless piece of cr-"

"You don't know how fucking much I want you, Y/N." I swallow hard and stand up, approaching her until our bodies are so close that I could just reach out and touch her. "I've been thinking about you so much it's driving me insane." 

I watch as her cheeks start reddening and she gulps, making it harder for me to stop my dick from getting hard. Her eyes are enough to make my sanity vanish and I hate the type of effect she has on me.

"Yet you just replaced me right away with someone else." She says and I reach for her waist to pull her closer to me. Her eyes widen and I can fucking feel her heartbeat against my chest. The way I'm taller than her and the way she has to look up at me to make eye contact is cute and so fucking hot, and I take a deep breath not to lose control over my desires.

"I couldn't just cancel the reservation, but that doesn't mean I didn't think about you the entire time." I'm admitting that I want her, and if that's what it takes to have her, I will lay my cards on the table. "Give me a second chance and wear the dress on our next date. I'm trying to make up for last night." The words come out of my mouth before I even have a chance to filter them, but when I see the flicker of warmth in her eyes, I know I made the right decision.

"And you're going to reserve the whole city this time?" I smile at her attempt to mock my grand gestures.

"Not the whole city, but maybe just enough to make our next date unforgettable," I reply with a chuckle, my eyes locked with hers. "You come to my place and I make you dinner. What do you say?"

"Having you burn your place isn't a pleasant thing, you know?" I watch as the corner of her mouth lifts up and I feel myself getting amused.

"You'll realize how great of a cook I am once you taste my food." It takes a while for her to believe that I'm genuine about what I'm saying. 

No woman had ever made it to my place, yet I'm trusting Y/N, a complete stranger who I'm so fucking attracted to. I never knew I could be this whipped for a woman. It's not a good sign and I'm not sure I like the way she makes me feel, but I'll do anything to give a break to my growing desire to have her for myself even for one single night.

"Figure out how you're gonna find where I live, and if you manage to do that, pick me up at seven." She says and frees herself from my grip before walking out of my office, leaving me smiling from ear to ear like a child who was told he could have his favorite treat.

My desire to have her is growing every time I look into her eyes. All I want to do is pin her against a wall and kiss the shit out of her but I'm leaving that for later when she comes to my place. Scenarios of what I want to do to her rampage through my mind, making me sit back in my chair and throw my head back with a deep exhale.

I run my fingers through my hair and smile. Everyone knows I'm not a very patient man, and all she's been doing since the moment we met is making me lose my patience.