11 - Fantasies

Y/N's POV

I step out of Heeseung's office with a fucking smile on my face and weak knees because the way he looks at me makes me forget to breathe. When I tell myself that I have to push him away as much as possible, I find myself getting more attracted to him. 

Memories of last night's dream are still haunting me and deep down, I want him to pin me against the wall or grab me by the chin and make me look at him. I've always taken pride in being independent and strong-willed, never allowing any man to have power over me. Yet, here I am, completely under Heeseung's spell, feeling weak and vulnerable.

It's a dangerous game, one I should be smart enough to avoid, but my thoughts keep drifting to the way he held my waist and kissed me, making me crave more. My fantasies might be concerning but a woman like me can only dream about someone like him.

Is he attractive and so fucking hot? Yes. But, is he a fucking asshole that frustrates the shit out of me? Also yes. So I'm confused between wanting to kiss him or wanting to kill him.

A date in his place seems like a recipe for disaster, but I'm still going to go if he makes an actual effort. If he's late by even a single minute, I'm canceling the date and never looking back. Although deep down, I'm telling myself to shut up because I'm so damn good at waiting. Is it a bad or good thing? I can't tell. I've always found myself waiting for someone that may never come, for something that may never happen, for a change that may never occur. That's where the problem lies, but I'm used to waiting and I find somewhat of a comfort in it.

I step out of the elevator and make my way out of the building. Riding my motorcycle back to the coffee shop, all I can think about is what's going to happen tonight. Never in my life had I thought I'll be meeting Lee Heeseung, but here I am, invited to his place. The world is such a crazy place, full of unexpected twists and turns.

When I reach the coffee shop, it's crowded for some reason and Sunoo walks to me while I get ready in the backroom. "What happened?" I know he's waiting for me to tell him that I kicked Heeseung out of my life for good but I give an awkward smile because my situation with Heeseung is far from what he's expecting. When I take time to answer, he raises his eyebrow and tilts his head, studying my expression carefully. "Y/N."

"I'm going to his place tonight," I confess and he pauses for a moment, looking puzzled. "For dinner."

"We both know It's not just dinner," He shakes his head in disbelief and scoffs. "You're going to get laid tonight, Y/N."

"Shut up." I roll my eyes, pretending that I'm not secretly wishing he's right. It's been a while since I slept with anyone, exactly since I broke up with my shitty ex-boyfriend. He cheated and left me with a lot of emotional baggage, and it's taken me this long to even consider sleeping with someone again. The way he made me feel worthless and not enough made it difficult for me to trust anyone with my heart and body again. Whoever gets to be with me next will have to worship and love me until I start loving myself again.

"You're insane." He says and I give him my middle finger. Maybe I am, and maybe I like it that way. If being true to myself and my desires makes me insane, then so be it.

I step out of the backroom and walk to June who's busy taking someone's order. "Oh, Y/N, Mr. Choi is asking for you." She says and I hold my breath. 

Mr. Choi is a very nice person but I can't help but feel nervous whenever he asks to see me. I take a deep breath and head to his office upstairs, trying to ignore the butterflies fluttering in my stomach. As I knock on his door, a warm voice calls for me to come in and when I do, I watch him look up from his desk with a kind smile plastered on his face.

"There you are," He says and I sit across from him and next to the vintage decoration that he holds dear. He has the eyes of a loving father, and I can't help but be happy for his two daughters. But it's also a bittersweet reminder of what I've been missing in my own life. "How have you been?"

"I've been doing great, thank you." I watch as he stares at his screen for a while and I'm stressing over why he wanted to see me. I can feel the tension building up inside me as I wait for him to speak.

"I can't even say how proud I am of you." His word makes me pause and I frown, curious about what he means. I know I've been a good employee but he seems to be referring to something beyond that. "Judy Hills' CEO, Lee Heeseung, wrote a review for Petit Coin and he says he was very impressed by the service he received. He also mentioned that he was served by one of the best baristas he'd ever met in his life and he specifically mentioned your name."