Chapter 4

When we got to my door, Josh asked "Wanna go bowling tomorrow? Like after school or something."

"I'm such a bad bowler, I wouldn't want to embarrass you."

"I could show you, and who would you embarrass me in front of?" He smiled at me with a light chuckle.

"Well whoever we go with?" I thought we would go with Tiffany or some of his friends.

"Oh, I was thinking me and you can just go."

"Okay. Its date." Then i realized what I said. Dang it! "Not like a date, date but a plan." I mumbled on.

He just started laughing at me. "I knew what you meant, you didn't have to explain further."

"I know. But I didn't want you to get the wrong idea." He just kept laughing. " Well goodnight." I said turning around to open the door.

"Not even a handshake now? Thats just rude, Allison."

I turned around and stuck my hand out and he shook it. I bet my parents and his parents are watching. Why did they even think we're going out? Like NO.

"Goodnight Allison."

"Goodnight Josh."

* * Next Day * *

School was just like yesterday. Except Josh came to sit with me and Tiffany. The bad thing about that was that everyone followed him! It's not like he's the president or famous. I don't understand, why does everyone follow him? What do they see in him? He's a nice and everything but, he just some normal guy.

As the table got to crowded, Tiffany and I went to another table. I decided to ask "Why does everyone follow around Josh like he's famous? And you've known him for so long why don't you sit with him?" I was really curious.

"Well.. I don't sit with him because I can't stand half of those girls. They act like they're all that." It was funny the way she said it, while rolling her eyes.

"Oh ok, that makes sense. They seem like snobs!" She didn't answer my other question, it seemed like she was trying to avoid it. I decided to ask again, "I have one more question, Why does everyone follow Josh around like he's famous or the president? I just don't understand."

"Umm... I'm guessing Josh didn't tell you..."

"Tell me what?" What is he hiding? Why can't she just tell me.

"I don't think Josh would like if I told you." After she said that the bell rang. I couldn't stop thinking about that. What didn't he tell me, that everyone else knew about!

At the end of the day Josh dropped Tiffany off at her house and we went bowling.

* * * Josh's Point Of View * * *

I felt so bad. I tried sitting with Tiffany and Allison but even when I told everyone to stay they just followed.

When we got to the bowling ally, we got our shoes and lane.

I went first, to show her. I got a strike!

"Josh, I don't think i can do that!" Allison said doubtfully.

"It all takes practice." She picked up the ball and rolled it down the gutter.

"Told you I was bad!"

"Just watch me. You'll get it eventually." I winked at her jokingly.

She bowled again, and it went down the gutter. This time I'll actually have to show her.

"Come on, don't give up. I'll give you my turn." She got up and stood ready to bowl. "Stay right there." I stood right behind her, placed my left hand on her forearm and my right hand right near her hand and the bowling ball. I was able to feel her tense up.

"Relax and just follow my feet. Right left lift your arm back and then bring it forward and let it roll." The bowl started rolling but really slow, then it landed in the gutter. This may be harder then I thought.

"This is impossible!" She was getting so frustrated, it was cute. Like in the friend way.

" Let's just practice the movements first." We practiced it for a little bit and after a few tries, she got a split!

When she saw that she got a spilt. She jumped up and hugged me. I hugged her back.

"Thank you so much, Josh! You should be a bowling instructor you would be really good!" She couldn't stop smiling, it was so cute how she was so excited!

" Nah, I rather not. I rather be a BATMAN!" I just had to say it.

"Good luck with that. I think that roles already taken."

We played a few more games then I drove her home.

On the way home she was happy because she actually did well. "I had a great time. Thank you so much, Josh!"

"Maybe, we could do this again."

"Yea, Totally."

I walked Allison to her door and we both said goodbye. We didn't even really bicker today.

I hope she doesn't find out why I'm kinda popular and why people follow me around. If she does, then she won't like me for me.

All that night I laid in bed thinking. Mostly about Allison. Why?