Chapter 12

* * Allison's P.O.V. * *

I went out the front door, running. I don't know where, where ever my feet take me.

I ended up running to nearest park. The park was old and didn't seem like it got much use anymore. I walked around the park and looked around, feeling bad for this park that used to hold so much happiness and laughter. This park where kids used to beg parents to come to, so they could play but not anymore. The park is dull, not one kid in sight.

I sat on the rusty swing and swung back and forth listening to its creaking. I remembered when I was little and I used to try and swing so high and reach the sky. I closed my eyes and kept swinging. After a few moments I heard a swing next to me creaking. I opened my eyes and saw Josh there; not looking at me but looking around.

I jumped off the swing and went to go lay at the bottom of the slide, Josh not following behind until a few minutes later.

"Ella?" He whispered to me, looking over the side of the slide.

"Yes?"

"Why?" Josh placed his hand over mine.

"Why what?" I slipped my away from his, knowing if I kept it there any longer I may feel too much.

"Why did you run out?"

"I don't know... I was under pressure, it felt like everyone's eyes were burning holes into me; staring. I just couldn't handle it."

"I'm sorry. Just tell me the other night..." He paused for a moment. I knew what he was going to say... The kiss. He was going to bring it up but he stopped to think if he should. "When we...kissed, did you feel anything."

My cheeks flushed and my face was burning up, I nodded my head yes feeling embarrassed. I sat up from my laying position on the slide and faced him. A smile appeared on his face when I nodded. Did he feel as I did?

Josh leaned his forehead against mine and whispered, "Will you be my girlfriend?"

"Josh... I- I cant." I stuttered.

"Why?" It voice began to crack, being able to hear the sadness in his voice.

"Josh, I really am developing feelings for you but everything ends up in a heartbreak. Nothing can last forever and I just don't want to hurt you. I'm preventing me from hurting you and you from hurting me."

"I promise. I won't hurt you."

"Promises can be broken..." I whispered to him.

"Allison I love you and I won't deny it. If you still come with me to the award show I'll admit it to everyone if you don't believe I'll keep my promise. I love you," He said sincerely.

"Can we please just take it slow..." I whispered barely audible.

"Of course. I won't give up on you." Josh said leaning in placing his lips upon mine.

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

I hope you enjoyed this chapter, sorry it's kind of short. If you commenty, fan, & vote you help yourselves and others get the next chapter!

Thank you so much everyone, I'm almost at 2,000 reads!