Chapter 22

Song for this chapter: Please Don't Say You Love Me by Gabriella Aplin

"I . . . really really like you," I whispered into the crook of hus neck, barely audible but I know Josh heard.

Josh's smile grew on his face, he lifted up my chin to look him in the eyes. "I really really like you too," he laughed.

In all honesty, I don't think Josh or I will be saying 'I love you' for a while... Just those 3 words mean so much and you can't just go throwing them around like they're nothing. This isn't and won't be one of those relationships where they say 'I love you' in just the first week and then the next week break up. No one really know what love is people only know what it feels like and once I know I feel it then that's when I'll say it.

"Oh looks like the movie's over," he said turning his attention to the tv.

"I guess so," I laughed. I don't even remember what movie we were watching.

"Are you staying for dinner?"

"I don't want to intrude or anything on your family dinner."

"Allison, they love you. They wouldn't mind if anything they would love for you to say."

"I don't know, Josh..."

"Come on, pleasee," he jokingly begged.

"Ask you're mom first."

"What are we 5? Gotta ask my mom pft."

"Come on."

"Mom, Allison's staying for dinner."

"Josh, ask. Don't demand," I whispered to him.

He sighed heavily. "Can Allison stay for dinner?"

"I believe your parents are coming for dinner tonight," Mrs. Hutcherson said to me.

"Well looks like you are too," Josh smiled.

"I'm just gonna go home and change then."

"I'll walk you home."

"Josh," how many times do I gotta tell him this? "I can cross the street myself."

"Just let me walk you home."

"I'm a big girl," I teased, "I don't need help crossing the street."

"Yes you do. Now come on," Josh said taking my hand in his.

He walked me out the door and walked to the curb. "Now this is where you look both ways before you go across."

"Oh be quiet you," I said slapping Josh's arm lightly and playfully.

I began to walk across the street, barely taking 2 steps into it before large hands pulled me back. "There's a car coming!" Josh yelled.

"No there isn't!"

"Oh... well I thought there was." Josh's arms still around me as I looked back and up at him. He pecked me on the cheek causing me to blush... Oh how one boy could do this to me. "Come on." He led me across the street and to my door.

"Now that I'm home safely; I'll go change and then I'll head back over to your house."

"Want me to wait for you?"

"No, shoo!"

"Alright," Josh said putting his hands up in surrender, flashing me with one last smile and then turing around and walking down the driveway.

I turned toward the smiling uncontrollably shaking my head giggling to myself. He's just so snakzndmsklamakdlelaksnjfks.
(if that makes any sense.?)