Chapter 15

The Day of the Award Ceremony

I awoke to Josh smiling in my face, like most morning. Who keeps letting him up here?!

"Good morning, Beautiful." I said as I opened my eyes.

"How can someone be beautiful when they just woke up?" I joked.

"You should ask yourself that."

"Josh stop." I said with my cheeks burning up like crazy.

He kissed the top of my head and asked "Are you excited for today?"

"Well more nervous than excited and shouldn't I be asking you that? You're the one who was nominated for an award!"

"I've been to many of these and I probably won't win anyway," He laughed.

"Stop being such a Debbie Downer," I nudged his shoulder lightly.

"Why are you nervous?" He asked bringing the conversation back to what I said before. There are so many reasons why I am nervous. What if I fall flat on my face? Or people ask if Josh and I are dating, how do you even respond to that? I guess you can say we're kind of in the middle between friends and relationship. What if I say something wrong? Oh god... I'm probably going to faint.

"I just am, there are so many things that could go wrong."

"It's going to be fine I promise," Josh said sweetly trying to reassure me. "Now let's go downstairs and eat some breakfast."

"Ok." I said getting out of bed.

"Good Morning, There's breakfast on the dining room table," My mom said.

"Okay, thanks!" I said happily going into the dining room to see go and eat.

"Allison!" My mother called me from the other room.

"Yeah!" I shouted back.

"Your hair appointment is in an hour!" Thank god she reminded me I almost forgot.

"Okay."

Josh and I sat down and were talking about tonight as we ate. He didn't seem nervous at all he was really just thrilled and eager for tonight.

"Do you want to go out to dinner afterwards?" Josh asked.

"Sure; where to?"

"I don't know. A some restaurant?"

"We should, that would be fun!" I say enthusiastically. "Well I have to go now before I miss my appointment."

"Can I come?" He asked.

"Don't you have something better to do?" I laughed.

"Not really, am I supposed to?" He smiled. That smile can really get any girls attention and as he did it, it just made me fall for him more and more. This boy will be the death of me.

"Shouldn't you be getting ready?" I asked.

"It doesn't take me as long to get ready as it does for you," He replied teasingly. I stomped off to the kitchen pretending to be offended, even though I wasn't.

"So it that a yes?" I said coming up behind me which made me jump a little. "You got scared," Josh chuckled.

"Ok come on Joshua you can come, as long as you drive."

"Who's Joshua?" He gave me a questioning look and if I didn't know he was an actor I would maybe just believe him. He looked totally serious.

"Joshua Ryan Hutcherson? Let me tell you about him. He's the kid who wakes me up every morning and says I'm beautiful and then he drives me to school and wants to go EVERYWHERE with me; you can say he kind of a stalker."