𝓒𝓱𝓪𝓹𝓽𝓮𝓻 20

𝐈 𝐒𝐀𝐓 under a blossoming frangipani tree, the sweet smell calming me as I leaned against its trunk. My fingers traced the letters over the cool, smooth stone. A habit I had yet to break out of. "I'm sorry, Max," I whispered.

A graveyard. I know. How morbid. Where else could I go though?

"Hey."

Startled, I craned my neck to see who it was, "Blaize?"

"Uh, yeah," he rubbed the back of his neck awkwardly, "What are you doing here?

"I could ask you the same thing," I said warily.

He looked down, hair falling in front of his eyes, "My sister passed away a couple of years ago. Today's her birthday."

"Oh..." I trailed off awkwardly, "How old?"

His emerald eyes filled with tears as he stared off into the distance, "She was supposed to be fourteen today."

Oblivious to my silence, he continued, "Leukemia. She... she died from leukemia."

It was as if his words had brought him back to reality, a tear slipping down his cheek. I stood up, acting purely on my instincts. I hugged him fiercely, "I'm sorry, Blaize. And I know how hard it is, hearing that word over and over again. Sorry isn't going to fix anything, but I want you to know that I'm here for you if you ever want to talk fuckboy."

He pulled away from me, wiping his tear, shoving me playfully, "Why are we back to that nickname. I thought we agreed to start over."

I smirked at him, "We did, but don't get the idea that we're friends in your head."

"That's because we could be more than friends," he winked suggestively.

I scoffed, "Whatever floats your boat Blaizy."

He rolled his eyes at me, "Whatever you say, cupcake. I've got to go now. I'll see you at school yeah?"

I hummed in response, before he turned and walked away, passing the person that I wanted to talk to on the way. Javier made his way over to me, "Hey, stranger."

Raising my brows, I responded, "Hi, Javier. Thanks for coming."

He hummed under his breath, and we both stayed silent, taking in the scene before us. After a couple of minutes, we broke the silence, speaking at the same time, "I have something to tell you."

We laughed, and I looked at him, "You first."

He glanced at me, "You sure? You're the one who said we should meet here. Why don't you go first."

Rolling my eyes at him, I gave him a quick shove, "You go first. I'm serious. Spill."

He played with his fingers nervously, "Promise you won't kill me?"

"Why would I do that?" I asked him in confusion.

"Akira, I'm dating your sister," her blurted out after a pointed glare from me.

Well, that's certainly not what I was expecting-

In denial, I laughed, "You're joking right? Are you sure you have the right person? My sister. Lila? As in Lila Romano?"

After a nod of his head, I exhaled loudly, "Shit, you're not kidding. You're not kidding-"

I paused for a second, before leaping at him, "I'm going to kill you! That's my sister!"

Javier scrambled away from me in panic, "Woah, hey! Calm down."

"Calm down? CALM DOWN?" I practically yelled in his ear, startling several birds in the process, "you're telling me that you and my sister are together? AND YOU DIDN'T THINK TO TELL ME SOONER?"