-three-

Today is Wednesday, December 12, and today is the first day of Christmas Break. I wore my black sneakers, black jeans, and my favorite hot pink hoodie. It is really cold.

When I walked down, Ron was there sitting on the couch watching TV alone. "Why are you alone? Where is Mom, Dad and Damien?" I asked.

"Your dad is in the office and your brother is on a date with some girl who is Blonde. The name is Cassy." Mom walked in.

"Okay. So guess what?" I said.

"What?" Ron and mom asked in unison.

"Christmas in two weeks and next week is my birthday!"

"So you want to go out to the mall or skating?" Ron asked.

"Sure! It is so boring here. Skating then mall?" I waited for him to agree.

"Okay! Let's go!"

"Hey. Hey sweetie, be careful. Ron, Be careful when driving and take care of my daughter."

"Yes, Aunt Elizabeth." Ron said in reply.

We went in Ron's car. His car is a Red Chevrolet. The trip to the Skating rink was quiet. The rink is behind the Mall so we can just walk going to the mall. We parked and went out. I looked around. Ron called me. "Emmie, Lets go!"

I ran to him. We got in and went to the counter to get bracelet that represents as our tickets. We went to other counter where you'll get skates. Ron paid for it. Why is he doing this?

"Ron, I'm not good at this."

"Don't worry! I'll teach you."

We got in the rink. He held my hand and his other hand is on my waist. He started teaching me and things went so well. Now, I know how to skate but there are times that it's still hard to balance.

We got tired so we went out of the rink and returned the skates. We went to the food court next to the rink, and bought food whatever we've been craving for.

"So.... you didn't tell me that you don't know how to skate. We're like best friends for almost 7 years and you didn't tell me that you don't know how to skate." He said as he picked up a french fry and ate it.

"Yeah I know I didn't tell you. I just don't want you to know." I told him.

"Why? Are you embarrased?" He asked.

"Maybe." I said looking down on my french fries.

He cupped my chin in his hands so that I would look at him. This is awkward for my best friend to do. "There is nothing to be embarrased." He took off his hands.

"Don't worry. I'm not the best friend who embarrass their best friends." I sigh in relief. I smiled a bit.

"Let's go to the park."

"How about the mall?" I asked, making puppy eyes.

"There are a lot of people there Emmie. It is Christmas Break, remember?"

"Right." My puppy eyes didn't work. We drove off to the park.

"So what will we do here?" I asked him confused. We sat on the bench near the frozen pond.

"Emmie, Actually I know and you know that we are friends for almsot 7 years. You know that I like you since I got here in 4th grade. You make me happy when I'm sad. You calm me down when I'm angry. You help me when I don't understand a thing in math class. I just want to ask you.... Can you be my girl?" He knelt down.

No way! Does he know I have feelings for him, too?

I started to have feelings for him when we were in 10th grade. He would help me when I had a hard time when we were new here, but I'm still confused about it. I don't know if what I feel is really true. "I don't know Ron. Could you bring me home and let me think?"

I....I'm SO STUPID! I thought to myself. I saw his smile falter. "Y-y-yeah. S-sure."

We came back to my house, and I went to my room while Ron went to the guest room. He'll be sleeping over again, but this time until Saturday. His parents are on a business trip. As usual after dinner, he'll play video games with Damien. Usual things they do since they met each other 7 years ago. I waited until they finish playing.

When they were done, Damien, Ron and I went upstairs. Damien went to his room while Ron goes to other. I followed Ron to the guest room. Ron tried to shut the door close but then I manage to push it back open.

This means he is disappointed.

"Ron, I know you are-"

"I understand you, Emmie," He interrupted. "I know you need time to process things. You may go out."

He's being stubborn. Maybe I shouldn't have talked about it right away. I knew he's still sad about the fact that he almost got rejected out there. If it weren't for my confused self then maybe we'd be fine right now. It's never great to fight with someone you've known for so long. "Ron! I'm gonna say YES right now but you being like that right now doesn't show that you are ready to accept my answer."

I went out and shut the door. Boom!

The door shut is so loud that my brother got mad at me. I went back to my bedroom. I lie down and covered my face with a pillow, trying to push away my thoughts to let myself sleep as peaceful as possible.