-twenty four-

"Stop pulling me, Beth!"

"Why? Emmie, you said you need something to wear for the party Tyler invited you in. Now, don't complain."

She has a point. I need something to wear.

Here I am in the mall, going in random shops with Beth. I needed help in finding a perfect dress tonight. This will be the first party I'll be going to here in Chicago. The last time I've been in a party was back in Tennessee when I was still a 10th grader. I was 15 back then. it was the 16th birthday party of Cole, Cole TYLER O'Donnel.

Beth and I separated and looked for what we'll wear then we'll meet in the dressing room. I looked for dresses from rack to rack and to another rack. All I got right now is a red fitted dress.

I sat down on a couch, feeling exhausted. After resting, I stood up and walked around.

Too casual, too dressy, very long, very short. Revealing much. Not the color I want.

I went straight to the dressing room and tried the red fitted dress. This doesn't fit my style. It is so fitted and the neck line is very low, making my breast look like they're about to pop out. I changed back to my casual clothes and went out. As I went out, I saw Beth coming out of the other fitting room.

"Found anything?" she asked. I shook my head.

"Me too."

"Why don't we try something else somewhere?" I suggested.

"Mhm. Good idea." she agreed so we exited that random store and entered another beside it. Again, we separated and looked for our own dress. As usual, I would go from one rack to another.

I was about to go to the next rack at my right when something caught my eyes. It was stuck at the side of their piled clothes with a sale tag. I went to that rack and pulled out the clothing.

Amazing. I found the perfect dress! This dress is a plain navy blue chiffon halter dress. I know it won't fit for a party but what can I say-that is me. I took another dress that was stuck, too, and this time I got a flare dress with beautiful floral design. I fit both of it and it looked perfect. Just the way I like it. I got out of the fitting room and didn't think twice, and I paid for both dresses.

I saw Beth coming all the way the other side of the store carrying same colored dresses but different designs. She payed both dresses as well. Before going home to prepare, we had a little snack; ice cream. Caramel sundae to be exact.

"What time is it?" Beth asked.

"It is 6:22."

"Two hours to prepare. I'm ready to party!" she exclaimed.

I parked my car a few feet away from Beth's house. "Let's go, Emmie! Don't want to be late." Beth and I hopped off of my car and ran to the front door. Beth took her keys out of her pocket and unlocked the door. As soon as we entered, we ran up the stairs and start to get dressed. Beth took a shower before I did. After my shower, we pulled out our newly bought dresses.

"Lets hurry! We only have one and a half hour to finish preparing." I said excitedly.

"Chill. We can do all of this preparing in just 1 hour." She said calmly. It is a miracle. She finally became calm after hurrying in the mall and while running upstairs. We both wore our newly bought dresses hurriedly. After changing, I looked at myself in the mirror to check if I look fine.

I turned around and was about to ask if I looked fine but instead, found my best friend stunning in her dress. I'm not a lesbian. I'm just stating a fact.

"Do I look fine?" I asked.

"You look beautiful. " She said reassuringly.

We both hurried applying make up but made sure we looked good. I sat down on Beth's bed and wore the pair of black heels Beth lend me. After the final touch, we grabbed our pouches and walked down the stairs briskly. We went to the living room and sat on the leather couch. Rich kid isn't she?

After a few minutes, our ride came. Beth had told her mom where we are going before exiting the house. As we walked down the porch, we were greeted by a pink car. Ok... that was awkward.

"Hurry up!" Alyssa said. "I don't want to miss the fricking party!" Beth and I giggled at the way Alyssa said those words excitedly.

We rushed our way to the pink car. I sat on the front passenger's seat while Beth stayed at the back.

"So whose party is this?" Alyssa asked.

"Haven't you heard?" A new voice asked. I look behind to see who it could be. It was Molly and she's beside Cole... I mean Tyler.

"Who is it and what do you mean by haven't we heard?" I asked impatiently.

"Corrine Hudson is back in town and she's the cheerleader Tyler was talking about."

W-what?! Ron's ex is back?! I thought she's gone forever!

That cheater who caused so much pain to Ron. They were almost together for a year and all she had to do was break his heart. She still likes Ron though.

She came back...

...and can break Ron and I apart.

-----

SOMETHING GOOD TO READ!

•Stolen by @sophie_errico

•Potion by @audreygirlgym8

•The Guy I Used to Hate by @Maya_Leb

(A/N)

DUN! DUN! DUN!

What will happen next?

- Bri :-)