-thirty five-

I watch people walk back and forth in the hallways of this white, lonely building. It felt weird and at the same time, it felt empty when it was actually full. The sun has risen again. After 4 days of sulking back at home, I went back to see if Conner was doing alright. He is still unstable with all the machines connected to him. He even needed a life support to get enough oxygen.

As I watch everyone get themselves busy, I toyed Ron's fingers. I'm just so tired lately. Even on sad days like this, I'm fully awake and aware of everything that's happening around me. Maybe this is just what happens to anyone who goes through the pain of the death of a loved one, or someone dear to them. It's terrible.

When Ron came today, he was very neat and squeaky clean while I look like someone who's been living in the garbage for quite some time. I'm wearing cotton pajama pants and a random shirt with Ron's hoodie over it. Ron is wearing his gray jogger pants and a v-neck and his favorite sneakers. As much as I wanted to look as good as Ron, I can't. I'm way too lazy to get out of where I am, and I wanted to be there for Conner when he wakes up.

Beth and Alyssa made sure to get all the lessons I will be needing to study when I get back to school. I wasn't in the mood to attend my classes, but I am somehow catching up online, on Youtube, or when we have homeworks and projects, Beth and Ron would bring it to me and I get it done on time. As for the quizzes, some of my teachers would let me take it online. When I mean some of my teachers, I actually meant just 3 of them: English, Science and History.

"Won't you go to Tyler's burial?" I looked around to who was talking, and there I see three boys looking better than they were 4 days ago, but the difference is the look in their faces. I guess I know why. "His burial is tomorrow, Emmie," Jordan said. "I haven't even thanked him."

The boys sat next to Ron and I. I wasn't happy either that Cole is gone. I haven't even said how happy I was to see him back around, but it was too late. "I'm going," I said. "I can't miss this. I have to be there for my friend until the end."

Jordan, who's sitting next to me, lay his head on my shoulders. I looked at Ron to ask if it was fine, but he nodded already before I said anything. We stayed silent that way. Vester and Jorge were talking to Ron while Jordan was just sitting next to me in silence. "Can I talk to you, Emmie?" Jordan asked. "Like private?"

"Uhh. Sure. Where though?" I asked.

Jordan stood up, and I followed. I told Ron we'll be right back. Jordan walked around on the same floor, but he stopped when he saw the door going to the stairs. He stood nearby the door, and faced me, his eyes not looking up. When he did look up, he looked so sad and afraid. "I..." he trailed off.

"You?"

"I actually... you know," Jordan said.

"Is it a secret, Jordy?"

"I'm..."

"You're?"

"Emmie..."

"Go on."

"I will be leaving in a few days."

My mouth dropped open, but maybe this is a confusion. Maybe he's going to travel with his family or something like that. I don't really know, but maybe and I'm hoping. "Where are you going?"

"Back in my hometown," Jordan answered.

"Why?" I asked.

"Just," he started, but I could see the tears form in his eyes. Jordan is a guy, but no one said guys can't cry. It's a normal thing for every human being to cry, even men. "all this things that happened is making me sad every night just thinking about it," Jordan said as he calmed himself down. He's trying his best to keep his face straight.