Alternate Ending

Alternate Ending

I lean on my brand new car, waiting for a group of people to come out of that building, that one place I hate the most. It's where I left them in tears because I didn't want to be part of their lives anymore. It sucks to do what I did, but it was for the best.

I think back to those times when we all hung out together, went to school together, and just do shit together. I've decided that it's time to move on. I'm moving to California tomorrow with my girlfriend, Mona. I want a new beginning and change my life for my girl and for the only family I have left.

Mona and I will finish our high school in California and go to college together. For the mean time, we will be living with my uncle in San Francisco. Once we graduate and get a part time job, we will move out, but I will still get financial support from my uncle since he adopted me just a week ago.

I decided to move on with my life in a farther place because I know that they are safe now, and that they will not need me. They will forget about me eventually, and I'm trying my best to forget them as well if I really want a new beginning. It's just that I don't want to ruin their lives anymore because I will surely regret it in the end.

Later, I hear laughter and people just talking like it's the best day of their lives. I look back to see them walking happily together and smiling at each other. It feels good that I've done my plans very well, and here I am just wanting to see them move on with their lives without me. Just to see them smile assures myself that what I've done was more than just bringing them back to safety.

Mona runs to me a few minutes later, squealing and telling me how excited she was already to come down to California with me. I tell her that we will get there as soon as possible. I kiss my beautiful girlfriend, happy to have her in my life. She kisses back, not pulling away for a few minutes until I did so. I embraced her and made her feel the love I wanted to receive from someone special, and luckily, I did receive the same amount of love from her.

I look up from Mona, wanting to see what they are up to now. There she was looking right back at me thinking. Maybe she somehow recognizes me, but thankfully, she didn't approach me. I just smile at her and turn around to hop in my own car. I wait for a few minutes wanting to see them leave before I do.

There they were, backing out of the parking space and exiting the parking lot. I was happy, and that moment, I knew I've done the right thing. They were heading to the right direction, the opposite road of what I'm taking.

I watch them drive down that road I used to take. It's my turn to leave. I drive forward heading for the exit. We get out of the parking, taking the left direction. I will miss them for sure, but it's time to move on.

They head where they belong, and as for me, I will head to where the sun will set, where my heart aches to be.

The End

• • • • • • • • • • • • •

Here's another ending for you guys, from another perspective. Hope you liked it! :)

-Bri :)