-twelve-

Emmie's POV

We got home really quick. It's getting colder.

"Did you eat dinner in Beth's?" Damien asked.

"No. I don't feel like eating."

"Ok."

It was silent for a while. I was looking at Ron while he was looking at his feet and Damien is about to go upstairs but stopped. After a quite long silence, Damien spoke again, "Mom got tired today after gardening. She's asleep. It's already 8:38. There's pizza in the refrigerator. Eat that if you're hungry," he looked in his phone then he continued, "I might as well go to sleep."

Damien went up to his room. I sat on the left side of the couch as Ron walks to the door to lock it. Then he sat beside me. After that long, uncomfortable silence, I spoke, "Are you.... mad at me? Do you need something? Have I done somethi-"

I was about to ask another question but the then I was interrupted with a kiss.

Ron's POV

I interrupted her, her unnecessary questions with a kiss. After feeling her soft lips on mine, I broke the kiss. I looked at her beautiful green eyes. Her eyes full of questions on why I sounded harsh when I told her we'll talk back here.

"Emerald, I'm sorry if I sounded harsh. Everytime I see our ex-best friend, our new enemy so close to you and about to hurt you, I could feel anger rush through me. I also feel pain. I'm sorry if I was harsh," I stopped there, nothing else to say.

"Hey, I understand why you were like that. I know you're just protecting me from that asshole, okay?" She said. Her hand is now on my left cheek. "Okay?" and all I said was "Yeah."

I pulled her to sit on my lap. I hugged her tight then looked in her eyes. I moved closer and she did the same.

Emmie's POV

He moved closer to me and I did the same. His eyes- his hazel brown eyes made me melt. His face was an inch away. Later on, I could feel his soft, kissable lips on mine. His arms wrapped around my waist made me feel safe. My hand is now grabbing his soft light brown hair. I don't want to be carried away so I pulled away. We were breathing heavily. After taking in some air, he spoke.

"Do you remember any occasion on Saturday?"

Do I remember any occa- Ooohh!

"Yeah! It's my birthday on Saturday. Why?"

"You will celebrate in the afternoon with your family and Beth while I take you somewhere else at night. I'll pick you up at 8. Okay?" I nodded, "So let's go to bed," I said getting off his lap.

"Okay. I'll walk you to your room before I go to the guest room." We walked up the stairs then he led me to my room before heading to his. I opened the door and said

"Goodnight Ron." then kissed him.

"Goodnight," he said then walked to his room. I shut the door close then went to bed.