-twenty seven-

"Emmie. Emmie, open the door," Tyler said.

"Go away!"

"Emmie! Open the door. Alyssa and Conner are here."

I hid the box of tissue, stood up and walked to the door. I unlocked it, and once they heard the click, they rushed in not knowing I'm still behind the door. "Ow!" I shouted as I touched a part of my head where the door hit me.

Alyssa hugged me and apologized for bursting in and hitting my head. Conner gave me an apologetic look and patted me on my shoulder. The three of them sat on the couch located at the left side of my room. It was silent at first until I spoke.

"Where's Molly, Wes, Beth and the 3 boys?"

"They're all home," Conner said. "Did you cry all night since Tyler brought you home or you slept?"

"She's been crying all night then fell asleep," Tyler answered for me. The three of them stared at me, waiting for me to tell them what happened. Thanks to Tyler. He called them since they're the only ones awake and had survived the headache. They continued to stare at me until I give in, and obviously, they'll get what they want.

"I saw Ron and Corrine making out like there's no tomorrow. Ron had had taken his shirt off. I shouted at them, cried then asked Tyler to bring me home. Crap!"

"WHAT?!" Alyssa shouted. Conner tried to calm her down but she just continued. "He's an ass!"

"Was he drunk?" Conner asked.

"From what I saw— and it was so clear— tipsy." I said as I start sobbing. We all sat in silence. I waited for one of them to speak but they were thinking deep. What are they thinking about? Later on, they started whispering. I scrunched up my eyebrows as they whisper. They glance at me once in a while before whispering again.

'Patience is a virtue' they said, but I'm losing my patience. I can't hold it anymore so I spoke, "What are you all talking about?" I asked as I continue sobbing.

"Emmie, we'll leave you first. We'll give you time to think. If he calls, ignore it. But if you're ready to talk or it is getting annoying, answer it. Tell him to shut the hell up for now," Conner said, and the last part made me smile.

"Or forever," Tyler added.

I nodded and hugged them. They stood up and left. I plopped back down, feeling exhausted, and shed few more tears. I don't know what has gotten into me, but I'm totally determined to get up, dress up like nothing happened and ignore Ron. The tears just suddenly dried up. Well, I'm so tired of crying. I thought Corrine won't get in the way. What happened now?

All I could do right now is get up and go somewhere. Before anything else, I remembered that I haven't slept well. I only had 5 hours of sleep and I still feel wobbly.

If only that didn't happen.

Getting tired of thinking about it, I feel drowsy all of a sudden and let myself fall asleep.

I woke up having the feeling that I'm with someone. There was someone beside me. Before acknowledging his or her presence, I checked the time and it was only 2 in the afternoon. Oh goody bag! There's still sunlight and I may still go out. I don't really know where to go. I have this plan on this wonderful Saturday afternoon and my best friends will like it and—

"Emmie, you're awake!" The familiar voice said.

"Go away! I don't want to see your face!"

"Emmie, I just need you to hear it from my side so please listen. It started when—"

"Ron, I don't want to talk about it! Could you please leave me alone?!"

"But you have to... fine. I'll give you your space for now. I'll come back later to tell you everything." And with that, he left.