-thirty nine-

A week later...

"Damien! Get your ass back in my room!"

I screamed at the top of my lungs, not caring if I wake up Mom or Dad. Damien has been doing all these crazy pranks on me for a week now, leaving me no choice but to scream at him. I love my brother, but not when I'm bothered. I've been missing lots of sleep so I slept most of the time when I'm not out. It's 6:38 in the morning, and Damien woke up probably really early again because a cold bath is what I get while I'm sleeping. Who throws water with ice when you're asleep?!

I stand up, looking at my wet sheets. How will I even sleep tonight with this cold, drenched bed? I will have to make a plan wherein Damien's little prank will backfire. I need to dry my bed and change my sheets for now.

I remove the cold sheets of my bed and throw them with my pillows on the ground. I pressed the number 2 button, turning the electric fan on. This should help it dry for the mean time. I get out of my nest, and hugged myself as I step out of my room with my pillows and my bedsheets in my hands.

Walking down the stairs carefully, I wonder where that little jerk went. He can't get away like this. "Damien! Help me out here!"

As I land my feet on the last step, Damien showed up, coming out from the kitchen. He is in his magenta pajamas, the one I gave on his birthday, and is holding a spatula. "Ooohh seems like you're starting to love any shades of pink."

"Haha am I suppose to laugh or something? Anyway, what's gotten you nuts at 6:42 in the morning?" He looked sternly.

"Umm... you dumped a bucket of water with ice while I was sleeping. What the hell is wrong with you?"

I watch him swing the spatula in his hand as a mischievous smile grows on his face. "I think someone else did that to you because I'm cooking breakfast for the both of us."

Narrowing my eyes, I spoke with doubt mixed with fear. "There's no ghosts in our house, right? OR," I said, pointing my index finger at him. "You ran out as fast as you could so that you can get away, and you did it in the dark!"

"You're absolutely wrong!" Damien laughed. "You might wanna check the guest's room. Someone is there besides your boyfriend who knocked on our door at 5:30am."

"Oh," I mumbled. "Okay. I'm sorry. So why is Ron here?"

"I don't know. All he told me is this: I have nothing to do, and I woke up early so maybe pranking Emmie will be a good way to start my day." Damien mocked Ron, looking like an idiot as usual.

"Okay. I'll be back in a little while." I leave the kitchen to put my bedsheets in the laundry basket then hung my pillows so that the sun and the wind can dry it.

I walk past the dining and the kitchen, and walk slowly and quietly up the stairs. I have to look like some type of spy or agent to make sure I don't miss any signs or booby traps (if there's even one at home). When everything was clear, I walk through the hallway quietly and stop in front of the guest room. I lean with my left ear on the door, checking if anyone is really inside. Not bothering to get pranked again, I enter by swinging the door hard. I see Ron, Beth, Wesley and Jordan sitting on the bed with eyes wide open.

Ron stands up first with a mischievous smile matching my brother's. If he finds it funny, then he's gonna deal with a mad Emerald Sommers. "What were you thinking?!"

Ron was taken aback by my outburst. "Good morning, Emmie. And yes, I was thinking of a funny way to wake you up."

"Good morning, guys," I said to the others calmly this time. "Anyway, I'm going back to sleep, Ron, and don't you even dare again, or I won't talk to you for days. If you think that was funny, think again."