Ch. 04 ⭐

Naina and Aalekh finished their drill first and reached the endpoint with the rifle they were supposed to find. Nair frowned in disbelief as he saw them coming first. A few minutes later, Yudi and Ali also finished, and Pooja, Huda, and Mrinal (the senior cadet) arrived last. Nair gave his feedback and dismissed them. Pooja was still grumbling when she joined Naina and Aalekh.

"What happened, Pooja? You look angry," Naina inquired, even though she had heard the curses Pooja was throwing in Huda's direction.

"Do you know why our incoming was late? It was because that stupid Huda was busy playing flirty ringtones to that Mrinal," Pooja complained.

"What else can you expect from him?" Ali commented as he also joined them.

"Yeah. Does Huda ALWAYS have to act like a jerk?" Yudi commented.

"Guess that's the only ringtone he has," Naina joked, making the rest of the group chuckle.

"What are you guys laughing about?" Huda asked curiously as he joined them. He felt bad that the rest of them had made a group without him.

"You, dude. We were laughing about YOU," Yudi replied, smirking.

"Let's go, everyone," Naina suggested, and the group moved on, leaving Huda behind.

He watched them leave, his anger brewing. "I'll get revenge on all of them," he muttered.

...-...

Rajveer scanned all the cadets, checking their calls and verifying their educational backgrounds. He then summoned the reception's duty orderly, who was responsible for handling incoming calls. The orderly began grumbling about the new batch, mentioning that Ali's five sisters had called more than ten times in the last few days, while Pooja had chatted to a wrong number for over fifteen minutes. The receptionist also reported grievances about a few other cadets.

Rajveer then asked about Huda and Yudi, to which the orderly replied that they belonged to well-to-do families and probably had their own mobile phones.

"What about Cadet Campbell?" Rajveer asked, to which the orderly shared his confusion about her. He informed Rajveer that Cadet Campbell had arrived in a Rolls-Royce Phantom worth more than Rs. 8 crores, suggesting that she came from a wealthy family. However, on the first day, her father called the landline instead of her personal phone, which made the orderly wonder why a rich girl like her did not have her own phone.

Rajveer grew suspicious of Campbell and ordered the orderly to note down the number if she received any more calls from the landline. He felt that something was off about her, from her unusual eye color to the way she stiffened up when he approached her. "Could she be the spy?" he wondered to himself, as history had shown that spies were often attractive. "It's time to have a face-to-face chat with her," he said to himself determinedly.

That evening.

Rajveer instructed an orderly to summon Naina to his room. Five minutes later, he heard a knock on his door. Upon opening it, he was greeted by the sight of the stunningly beautiful Naina standing before him. Despite wearing a simple beige hoodie, black high-waisted leggings, and off-white sandals, Rajveer couldn't help but be struck by how gorgeous she looked.