Ch. 22 ⭐

Naina had an impressive collection of fruits that impressed Rajveer. However, Naina confessed that she was so hungry that she had already consumed half of her collection. Rajveer chuckled and ate his fill as Naina insisted. Naina set aside some fruits for Rajveer to eat the next day. Eventually, it was time to go to bed, but both were hesitant to go inside the tent. Rajveer suggested staying outside, but Naina scolded him, explaining that the temperature had dropped by six degrees since they arrived and they should retire inside.

"I trust you, Rajveer sir," she told him, understanding why he didn't want to go inside.

This was the first time the couple would be staying in such close quarters since becoming a couple. After sighing, Rajveer nodded, and they went inside the tent. They lied down with two feet of distance between their beds and turned towards each other, chatting softly. At one point, Rajveer fell asleep while holding Naina's hand.

Next morning.

Rajveer abruptly woke up, only to find himself alone inside the tent. He scanned his surroundings and discovered a small note. The note read: "Gone to meet my friends and fetch water. Naina." He smiled and carefully tucked the note into his pocket before getting up.

Meanwhile, Naina had filled three bottles with water before assisting her friends. They all exchanged stories about their mentors and experiences. Unexpectedly, Naina blurted out, "I informed Dr. Ritu that Rajveer sir is mine... I also warned her to stay away from him."

Her friends stared at her in disbelief. "Did you really send her that text message?" Pooja asked.

Naina responded in Pooja's language, "Hmm... I indirectly told her that if she tried to get in Rajveer sir's network again, then I'll turn into a virus and getting into her system, I'll delete all of her files."

Huda, Yudi, and Pooja erupted into laughter, clutching their stomachs. Alekh approached Naina and put his arm around her. "Don't assume that just because you two are adults, you can openly engage in romance. You have two brothers, a brother-in-law, and a set of parents who would need to give their permission for Rajveer sir to do anything romantic. If you think you can secretly romance him without your family finding out, don't worry. I'll inform them about everything... in great detail. So, he better not go beyond holding your hand," he possessively informed her.

Naina stared at him in disbelief. "What?!"

"Yes," Alekh affirmed with a nod.

"I agree with Alekh bhai. Until you two are legally married, there will be no funny business," Ali added sternly. "And remember, you have three brothers, including me," he pointed out.

Naina huffed. "Then I'll do the same when you romance Pooja."

"I'm fine with that," Ali responded with a casual shrug.

"I'm not." Pooja interjected, "Oye Alekh! Ali! Stop being a villain in our Veer-Zaara's love story." She added, pushing both Alekh and Ali away from Naina.

Naina pointed at Pooja and nodded in agreement. "Exactly what she said," she stated. Alekh and Ali maintained their stern expressions, giving her a serious look.

Huda looked at them with confusion. "How did they suddenly become such overprotective and possessive brothers?" Huda whispered to Yudi.

"Chief, when it comes to your sister, every brother tends to become a little overprotective and possessive," Yudi explained.

"Are you the same way when it comes to your sister, Nilu?" Huda asked curiously, finding it hard to imagine his dorky and nerdy friend as a protective brother.