Ch. 30 ⭐

Author note::  I borrowed some lined from 'Twilight book' as that was the only way to describe some things.

PS:: In-line comments let me understand your feelings about each scene. So, please leave some of them so I know what you were thinking while reading this story. Also DO NOT forget top press the star icon. Muah 😘

...-...

...-...

...-...

The surroundings were engulfed in darkness, with only a solitary spotlight illuminating the center of the space. Naina Singh Ahluwalia stood within the spotlight, her tears flowing uncontrollably. Feeling overwhelmed, she cried out and fell to her knees, "I can't... I'm not strong enough. I need time... I haven't fully processed..." 

Suddenly, someone stepped into the light. The newcomer bore a striking resemblance to Naina but possessed a distinct aura. Despite her youthful appearance, there was a maturity and wisdom that emanated from her. With a blend of allure and intimidation, she exuded confidence and grace. Her impeccable style accentuated her perfect figure, captivating all who beheld her. Yet, it was her vibrant red eyes that hinted at her true nature.

Arms folded across her chest, the look-alike regarded Naina with a cold stare. "You are more than just a sister," she reminded her firmly.

"But right now, I simply want to be a sister," Naina pleaded through her sobs.

"You are not Naina Singh Ahluwalia," the doppelgänger emphasized.

"But..."

"Your primary and sole purpose in life is to protect your mate," the vampire girl asserted.

"I need help... I can't..." Naina sobbed, clutching her chest.

Naina Campbell, the girl who shared Naina's appearance but represented her vampire side, knelt before Naina Singh Ahluwalia and gently ran her fingers through her hair in an affectionate gesture. "Why don't you rest?" she suggested. "I'll take care of things today," she assured.

"Will you?" Naina questioned, her voice filled with uncertainty.

"Yes," Naina Campbell replied with reassurance.

"But... without me, you can't use our power of illusion," Naina shared her concerns.

"Today, we will learn to live without it," Naina Campbell comforted her human side. "Rest."

"Thank you," Naina's human side whispered gratefully.

"You're welcome," her vampire side responded, offering solace in their shared existence.

The next moment, when Naina opened her eyes, she found herself standing in front of a line of trucks outside the north gate of KMA. The rest of the cadets were already gathered there, waiting for further instructions.

Rajveer joined them, taking charge of the situation. "Alright, cadets! Cadet Ali, Cadet Pooja, Cadet Huda, and Cadet Yudi, you will board the first truck. Your task is to protect the boxes placed at the back of your truck until we reach our destination. Cadet Alekh, Cadet Naina, and I will do the same with the boxes in our truck. Any questions?" Rajveer explained, his voice assertive.

"NO, SIR!!" the Super Six cadets replied in unison, their response filled with determination.

Rajveer noticed Naina's silence, and Alekh also observed her subdued demeanor. Concern filled Rajveer's eyes, mingling with the weight of sadness and worry. Despite the emotions he carried, they both knew they had a duty to fulfill. The cadets proceeded to their designated trucks, ready for the mission ahead.