Ch. 15 ⭐

One week later.

That morning Brigadier Chandok announced to the assembly about their three day Diwali vacation. While most of the cadets started cheering and chatting excitedly about it, Alekh and Huda were not thrilled. Huda was upset because, unknowingly, he had betrayed his own country, and he didn't know how he would face his parents after this. Alekh was upset because he didn't have any family to go home to, and the vacation only served as a reminder of his orphanhood.

Out of nowhere, someone smacked Alekh's arm. He grabbed his arm and turned to see Naina giving him a stink eye. "Have you lost your mind? Why did you hit me?" he asked, annoyed.

"I can practically see you calling yourself an 'orphan' in your head," she told him, hands on her hips while glaring angrily. "How dare you call my brother an 'orphan'?" she demanded.

A smile spread across his face, but tears gathered in his eyes. "Drama queen! I wasn't thinking anything like that," he said affectionately, wrapping his arms around her shoulders.

"Liar!" Naina accused, cuddling against his chest.

The rest of their group soon joined them. Yudi asked everyone about their plans for the vacation. Pooja informed that she couldn't go as her parents might not let her come back. Ali couldn't go either as it was Ramadan month, and he wanted to go home during Eid instead. Huda said he didn't feel like going home.

"What are your plans, Naina?" Yudi asked.

"I'm taking Alekh home. I want my family to meet my new brother," she shared excitedly as she hugged Alekh tightly. Alekh gave them a shy smile and shrugged at their group in return.

"B-Brother?!" Huda stammered. "So... there's nothing... romantic between you two?" he asked.

Naina and Alekh gave him a completely disgusted look, while Ali stared at him in disbelief. "Huda bhai, from which angle did they EVER act romantically?" he asked, annoyed.

"Yeah. They fight, tease, and support each other like siblings all the time," Yudi pointed out.

"You miss call! Did you really forget when Naina tied rakhi on Alekh's wrist during Raksha Bandhan? Where has your network been lost these days? Or did your system malfunction?" Pooja asked, shaking her head in disbelief.

"Oh yes. Sorry. In my jealousy, I guess I forgot," Huda said sheepishly while scratching his head.

"Ignore our resident buffalo's shit brain. I have an announcement for everyone who's staying back. My sister, Nilu, is throwing a Diwali party at our house. You're all invited!" Yudi announced, grinning.

Everyone cheered. Naina smirked at Alekh and raised her eyebrows in silent question, having caught him kissing Yudi's sister Nilu after the fresher's ball. Alekh rolled his eyes and covered her mouth with his hand, making Naina start giggling.