Ch. 28 ⭐

Jeremy gently pushed Thomas back a step and positioned himself between Rajveer and Thomas. "Captain Rajveer, welcome to the family," he warmly greeted, extending his hand with a smile.

Rajveer blushed slightly but reciprocated the handshake with a grateful smile.

"Yes, Captain. Pay no mind to these two. They can be a bit possessive when it comes to our Naina. But trust me, they're like coconuts... tough on the outside, but soft on the inside," Natasha jokingly remarked.

Rajveer nodded, a bashful smile adorning his face. "I suppose I'll have to get used to it, right?" he replied with a smile.

Naina giggled and affectionately wrapped her arm around his.

"NAINA!" Yudi called out excitedly.

"Yes, Yudi?" Naina responded.

"Is everything alright, cadet?" Rajveer asked.

"Everything is fantastic, sir. Naina, everything has been taken care of. Please gather everyone and come to the training grounds. We have a surprise waiting for everyone there," Yudi announced, his smile widening.

Nodding, Naina, Rajveer, and the rest of the Campbell family began making their way to the training grounds. Along the way, they saw Yudi instructing others to do the same. As they reached the training grounds, a sense of awe filled the air, captivating everyone's attention.

Naina, Yudi, Huda, and a few other first-year cadets from affluent backgrounds had organized a delightful bonfire party for everyone that evening. Separate barbeque grills were set up to cater to both vegetarian and non-vegetarian preferences, ensuring that everyone could enjoy the feast. The gathering offered an array of hot chocolate, coffee, and cold drinks to quench everyone's thirst. Huda and Alekh had expressed their desire for alcohol, but as the party was hosted on academy grounds, it was not permitted. To keep everyone comfortable, small portable fans were provided to the faculty and family members.

Brigadier Chandok and Colonel Shakti arrived at the grounds, pleasantly surprised by the scene before them. When Naina had approached BC seeking permission on behalf of her batch, there had been some initial skepticism. However, he was now pleased that he had agreed to it.

"Wow... the cadets organized all this, sir?" Colonel Shakti asked, genuinely taken aback.

"Yes, Colonel. This particular batch has several cadets from well-to-do families. And their leader is Cadet Campbell. When she first presented this proposal to me, I had my reservations. But Cadet Campbell has always displayed responsibility. I had a feeling she would handle the situation well, ensuring compliance with all the rules. I'm glad to see that my faith in her was not misplaced," Brigadier Chandok praised.

A smile formed on Colonel Shakti's face. He was increasingly impressed by Rajveer's girlfriend. Receiving compliments from a strict officer like Brigadier Chandok was indeed a genuine compliment. "What kind of cadet is Cadet Campbell? I mean, coming from a wealthy family, one might expect her to be arrogant," he inquired.