Ch. 27 ⭐

That afternoon, Suri ji informed all the cadets about the upcoming Republic Day celebration. He instructed them to complete the invitation forms so that the academy could invite their families. Naina and Huda were assigned the responsibility of the march past and evening entertainment, Alekh was in charge of food arrangements for both lunch and dinner, Pooja was responsible for lodging and boarding arrangements for the visiting families, while Yudi and Ali were given the task of decorations and lunch agreements. They had only one day to complete all the tasks.

That night, at the mess, BC and Colonel Shakti joined the other faculty members at one of the larger tables. The cadets chatted excitedly among themselves, looking forward to the next day's celebration. The atmosphere was cheerful. During dinner, a sudden siren began to ring, prompting Rajveer to quickly leave his seat and rush out of the mess. Colonel Shakti and BC followed closely behind after instructing the others to remain in their places.

Naina and her group realized that this was the moment when Dr. Ritu had planned to steal something. They anxiously waited, holding their breath, for the return of Rajveer, BC, and Colonel Chandra. Half an hour later, Naina could hear their heartbeats approaching the academy building. From their conversation, she gathered that Ritu's attempt to steal the triggers had been unsuccessful. Naina breathed a sigh of relief.

Upon their return, BC reassured everyone that the sirens had been triggered by a stray cat that had gotten tangled in the security wires. Naina noticed that nobody had realized Dr. Ritu's absence from the mess during this whole incident. She exchanged a meaningful look with her group, and all five of them nodded in agreement. Yes, they had also noticed.

Rajveer had been observing his unusually quiet girlfriend since their return, and he noticed the exchanged look between Naina and her friends. He sighed, sensing that his "super six" were up to something mischievous. Knowing Naina would never betray her friends, he decided to confront all of them together.

.... - ....

Next day [Republic day]
KMA reception area

All the cadets gathered in the reception area of KMA, eagerly awaiting the arrival of their families. Naina and Alekh leaned against the reception desk, finding amusement in Yudi's complaints. He was whining about not receiving the new laptop he had asked his father for. Huda and Pooja engaged in a friendly argument about whose parents would arrive first, while Ali paced back and forth, eagerly anticipating his family's arrival. Huda then made a bet, claiming that his mother would be the first to arrive. The rest of their group eagerly accepted the bet, as Huda had promised each of them Rs. 5000 if he lost.

Finally, their wait came to an end as they heard the sound of a car approaching the main academy building. Everyone straightened up and leaned forward, trying to catch a glimpse of whose family had arrived. A couple stepped out of the car, and the multiple cell phones they carried made it clear whose parents they were.

Naina, Alekh, Ali, Yudi, and Pooja surrounded Huda, their open palms extended with grins on their faces. Huda grumbled quietly but handed them his wallet, seeking forgiveness. Pooja asked Naina to hold onto her share of the money and hurried ahead to greet her parents. Alekh distributed the money among the group and then handed Huda his empty wallet back with a triumphant smile.

Amidst happy squeals, playful scolding, and pampering, they made their way towards the academy building. Pooja proudly introduced her friends to her parents. The S6 group gathered around them, showering Pooja with praise, which made her parents feel immensely proud of her.

"Pooja puttar, there are so many handsome handsets here. Didn't you connect your network to any of them?" her mother asked at one point.

"Hello, uncle! Hello, Ma'am! I'm Ali Baig. Pooja ji connected her network with me. We want to have a life long connection if you have no objection with it." Ali stepped forward, his cheeks flushed but filled with courage. Naina's earlier words echoed in his mind, reminding him that he needed to face life's challenges head-on if he wanted to handle real battles.