Ch. 19 ⭐

A few days went by.

While Bhargav continued to push the cadets hard, he didn't single out any particular cadet to vent his frustration on. One morning, Naina arrived at Rajveer's room and found him fully dressed in his uniform.

"Wow," she breathed out.

"Cadet Naina, are you ever going to knock?" Rajveer teased, looking at her through the mirror.

"Nope, too much work," she replied cheekily.

"So, what brings the brightest cadet of KMA to my room early this morning?" he inquired.

"I heard Lt. Bunty saying that you were going out. So, I came to meet you," she replied. "Where are you going? When will you be back? Who else knows where you're going?" she asked, as if she had full rights to the answers.

Rajveer turned towards her with raised eyebrows. "Where I'm going is confidential. When will I be back? Hopefully, before dinner. And who else knows the location? Well, my commanding officer," he replied.

Naina frowned. "Major Bhargav has been a little too quiet these last few days. When he first arrived, his only intent seemed to target you for all his taunts about Naveen. What if he was sent here to harm you somehow? With the situation being what it is, you going out... I don't have a good feeling about this," she told him worriedly.

Rajveer's warm feeling in his chest grew again as Naina showed him care, affection, and worry. He didn't understand this new sensation, but he enjoyed it. "Naina, I'm a trained soldier. I'll be fine," he assured her.

"Why don't you make an excuse and take me along?" she suggested.

Rajveer burst into laughter. "And what will I tell my commanding officer about bringing my cadet with me?" he asked, smiling at her suggestion.

Naina pouted and grumbled, "You could say I insisted on coming along."

Rajveer held her by her shoulders and said, "I'll be back before dinner, and I promise I'll be okay. You can scold me if I'm not."

"How is that going to help?" she exclaimed, pouting harder.

Rajveer smiled at her cuteness. He felt like kissing her cheeks in that moment. Blinking rapidly, he put a hard break on his thought. "Where did that come from?" he wondered to himself. He shook his head and said to pacify her, "How about I promise to bring chocolate for you when I come back?"

Naina frowned, folded her arms over her chest, and huffed angrily. "I don't want chocolate," she told him, puffing her cheeks.

"Teddy?"

"No."

"Mmm... fast food?"

"Definitely not."

Rajveer sighed in defeat. "Madam, then what will satisfy you?" he asked.