Ch. 16 ⭐

Natasha went to great lengths to make Alekh feel at home, transforming one of the guest rooms into his own personal space. The room was designed with Alekh's simple tastes in mind, featuring a light beige color scheme, a wooden accent wall behind a queen size bed, and clean lines. A crystal chandelier hung from the ceiling, while a large window welcomed an abundance of natural light. A fluffy matching carpet and a dressing table added to the room's cozy feel. Overall, it was a peaceful retreat that Alekh couldn't help admiring as he gazed out the window at the backyard. That's when Naina knocked on his door.

 [Alekh's bedroom}

 [Alekh's bedroom}

"May I come in?" she asked with a smile.

"Don't be an idiot! You never have to ask for permission to enter my room," Alekh scolded, his words laced with an affectionate smile.

Naina entered with a mischievous smile on her face. "Are you sure? I mean, in the future, when you get married and have a wife, would you still want me to enter without knocking, brother?" she asked teasingly.

Alekh rolled his eyes. "I'm sure you still have enough brains left to know when to knock and when not to," he replied with a smirk.

Naina laughed. "Do you like your room? Mom was so excited about your arrival that she hired half of the new staff just for you," she told him.

Alekh blushed. "They didn't have to do so much," he protested.

"Just take it as her way of showing love. When I woke up first, I was really violent... Mom never once lost her temper or patience with me. Since that first day, she has treated me as her own child. While Dad and Thomas were strict about my therapies to regain my mobility, Mom took care of the child in me. Jeremy, on the other hand, mended my soul as my body healed. Now that I have a brother, I would like to share my loving family with him," Naina told Alekh with a kind smile.

"That means a lot. But it'll take me some time to adjust," he replied with a hesitant shrug.

"No problem... oh yes! There's only one thing that you should ALWAYS be careful about. Now that you're a part of our family, what you see and hear should never come out of your mouth in front of anyone who's not a family member... Any secret you witness here shall remain here," she told him in an eerie tone. "Remember, brother, people can only come and go from this house if we want them to." The veiled threat was not concealed at all.

Alekh frowned. "Is it related to that second secret? The one you can't share?" he guessed.

Naina smiled and nodded. "Yes."

"That sounded like a threat," he pointed out dryly.

"It was a warning. Be grateful that it's me. If Thomas had given this warning, he would've scared the soul out of you," Naina pointed out with a smirk.