Ch. 41 ⭐

2 days later.

More than an hour had passed since lights out. It marked the day when Major Nair was scheduled to restock the armory at the academy and arrange for the defective and rusted weapons to be sent out for maintenance. Rajveer, Gunny, the Super Six, and a group of officers assigned by Colonel Shakti took cover on the academy grounds, closely monitoring the exchange. Their objective was to catch Major Nair in the act of trafficking the weapons.

As they lay in wait, their senses heightened, each member of the team felt the weight of the task ahead. The tension in the air was palpable, and the sound of their breaths mingled with the distant rustling of leaves. Time seemed to stretch endlessly, every passing moment filled with anticipation and the adrenaline of an imminent confrontation. Rajveer glanced at his comrades, their faces barely visible in the moonlight, and silently exchanged nods. They knew they had to remain patient and vigilant, ready to pounce at the right moment. Gunny, a seasoned veteran, radiated a sense of calm amidst the tension, his presence instilling confidence in the team. Minutes turned into hours as they maintained their watch, their unwavering determination unwavering. The silence was broken only by occasional whispers, conveying vital information and updates. Each member understood the importance of maintaining absolute silence and remaining undetected.

At approximately 22:00 hours, Major Nair made his entrance accompanied by six orderlies, each burdened with heavy wooden crates. Since the academy's supplies were delivered through a side entrance, Major Nair and the orderlies also halted there. Shortly afterward, a truck with a legitimate company logo pulled up. Representatives from the company handed Major Nair a set of papers, which he meticulously scrutinized before offering a nod of approval. With efficiency and precision, the company personnel began unloading several wooden crates.

"Take them to the armory," Major Nair commanded the orderlies, his voice laced with authority.

With the orderlies departing, carrying the newly arrived crates, Major Nair turned his attention to the company representatives, handing over three out of the six crates he had the orderlies bring and providing detailed instructions on the repairs or modifications he desired. 

Once the company truck departed, it took mere minutes for another vehicle to arrive at the scene. A sly smirk formed on Nair's face as he exchanged the remaining three crates with the new truck driver. In return for the crates, the driver handed Nair an envelope. Eager to assess his ill-gotten gains, Nair swiftly tore open the envelope, meticulously counting the bundles of cash within. Satisfied with the contents, he extended his hand, sealing the transaction with a handshake.

Rajveer signaled to the team, orchestrating their synchronized approach. With calculated precision, they closed in on Major Nair and his cohorts, ensuring no one could escape. The element of surprise was on their side as they moved swiftly, their training and camaraderie guiding their every step. Within seconds they surrounded the suspects with their guns aimed at them.