Ch. 35 ⭐

The absence of Rajveer's jeep led them to ride back to KMA in the Campbell family's car, with Alekh dozing off in the passenger seat and Rajveer and Naina occupying the backseat, where they chatted quietly and snuggled. As they cuddled in the backseat, Rajveer felt a sense of contentment wash over him. He traced his fingers lightly over Naina's arm and whispered sweet nothings into her ear, relishing the intimacy of the moment. Naina's eyes sparkled as she looked up at him, and he couldn't help but feel grateful for her presence in his life. It was moments like these that made him forget all his worries and just appreciate the simple pleasures in life. Alekh's soft snores provided a soothing background noise, and the gentle hum of the car engine added to the peacefulness of the moment. Rajveer knew that life could be unpredictable and challenging, but as long as he had Naina by his side, he felt like he could conquer anything. 

[Imagine them cuddling like this

[Imagine them cuddling like this.]

Abruptly, Rajveer remembered His godfather's phone call from the other day. "Naina, I just remembered. The other day, my godfather called." he told her.

"Godfather?!" Naina questioned, confused by this new information. "I didn't know you have a godfather." she added.

"Yeah. The Defense Minister, Mr. Lala Gehlot is my godfather." Rajveer replied with a shy smile. The curious look on Naina face instantly vanished. 

He didn't notice it though. Obliviously, Rajveer continued, "I was only six when my parents passed away. That's when Gehlot sir stepped in to take my financial responsibility. He was my dad's college friend. In fact, if he hadn't stepped up, I wouldn't have been able to finish my schooling from such prestigious schools and colleges. When I told him that I wanted to go to the Military field, he completely supported me. When he become the Defense minister, he immediately offered me his assistance in any matter if I wanted." 

Naina inquired, "If you don't mind me asking, how did your parents pass away? And why didn't any of your relatives step up to take care of you?" Because she had her back against his chest and his arms wrapped around her, he couldn't see her frown as she faced away from him.

Painful memories flooded Rajveer's mind, causing him to sigh. He held her tightly, resting his chin on her shoulder as he began to explain. "Like I mentioned earlier, I was only six when my parents passed away, so I didn't fully comprehend the situation. Suddenly, I was under the care of my dad's friend, and shortly after that, I was sent to a hostel in Dehradun. When I turned ten, Gehlot sir informed me of everything. My father was a Major in the Indian Army, and he had made many enemies while serving our country. During my parents' anniversary party, which was attended by our relatives, a group of terrorists attacked and killed everyone, including children," he shared with immense pain.

Naina turned in his arm instantly to face him. She cupped his face and said, "I'm so sorry for your loss. But how did you..." she trailed off.

Rajveer explained, "Based on what Gehlot sir told me and my hazy recollections, it appears there was a puppy at a nearby house. I went to play with the puppy without informing anyone, and that's what saved me. The terrorists were unaware that they had missed anyone because I wasn't even close to my home." He added, "Since all of my relatives perished in the attack, there was no one to take responsibility for me."