Epilogue ⭐

55 years later.

XYZ crematorium,

Rajasthan, India

Amidst the solemn atmosphere, a profound sense of grief hung heavy in the air. A group of family and friends, enveloped in sorrow, gathered near the site where the last rites of a beloved soul were taking place. Ali Baig, an 81-year-old man, stood broken, his tears flowing freely as he mourned the passing of his wife, Col. Pooja Ali Baig, his companion of half a century. The pain etched on his face mirrored the depth of his loss.

Rajveer, their eldest son, held his father tightly, sharing his grief as tears streamed down his own cheeks. Huda and Yudi, close friends of the family, stood nearby, their expressions heavy with sorrow, offering silent support. The rest of Ali and Pooja's children huddled together, their shared sorrow uniting them in this moment of profound loss. In another corner, their grandchildren stood, their young faces marked by sadness as they grappled with the reality of their grandmother's departure.

Yudi, in the midst of wiping his tears, caught sight of three individuals amidst the bustling crowd. Despite the passing of over fifty years since their last encounter, his heart recognized these faces instantly. Urgently, Yudi nudged Huda, who shot him an annoyed glance.

"What's bothering you?" Huda inquired, his brow furrowed in confusion.

"Dude, just look over there," Yudi discreetly pointed toward the trio he had noticed, "Those three... don't they resemble our Rajveer sir, Naina, and Alekh?" he asked, his voice laced with disbelief.

At Yudi's words, Huda turned his gaze in the indicated direction and gasped. "My God! The resemblance is uncanny," he breathed out, his eyes widening in astonishment.

Ali, still in a daze from the funeral, found himself face to face with a very familiar figure – Naina.

"N-Naina ji?" Ali gasped in disbelief.

"Hello, Dada ji. I'm Nidhi Chauhan, your granddaughter, Richa's colleague," Naina introduced herself with a polite smile.

"Yes, Grandpa. She's my colleague and one of my best friends," Richa added. She had come home from Goa for Diwali when Pooja passed away. "And this is her husband, Mr. Aditya Chauhan. And that's his younger brother and Nidhi's brother-in-law, Daksh Chauhan," she introduced the others.

Ali stared in disbelief at the young girl before him. He couldn't shake off the uncanny resemblance she bore to his sister, Naina. Nidhi's face mirrored Naina's, with flawless skin, high cheekbones, and full lips. Her eyes were framed by long lashes, giving her a doe-eyed appearance. Dark waves of hair cascaded down her back, falling in soft curls around her face, just like Naina's used to. It baffled him how two individuals could look so incredibly alike. Absentmindedly, he wondered if Naina had reincarnated.

"Hello, sir. I'm truly sorry for your loss," Rajveer said with a warm and compassionate smile, offering his condolences.

Ali blinked in astonishment. Aditya bore an uncanny resemblance to their Rajveer sir. His features mirrored Rajveer's - the same handsome face with a chiseled jawline and piercing light brown eyes that demanded attention. Even his dark brown hair was styled in a familiar way. Ali couldn't help but wonder if the concept of seven lifetimes was indeed true. Perhaps Rajveer and Naina were destined to be together in every lifetime. The thought brought him a slight sense of peace.

"Please don't be upset. I'm sure Panjaban... I mean, your wife must be in a better place now," Alekh stated, faking a slip of the tongue.

Ali, Huda, and Yudi stared at Alekh, speechless. After exchanging a few words with other family members, Nidhi, Aditya, and Daksh (Naina, Rajveer, and Alekh) left. Ali turned to his two friends, the silent question clearly visible in their eyes.