Ch. 21 ⭐

Two days later.
Mess.

Pooja was rubbing her arms with a scowl on her face and grumbling under her breath about "that bloody mustache" and "dragging him with a tractor." When the rest of the group arrived, they immediately surrounded her. Pooja threw her arms around Naina's waist, burying her head against her friend's belly with a crying expression.

"I can't stand that mustache!" Pooja moaned.

Naina chuckled and hugged her back, patting her on the back in a soothing motion. "What's going on?"

"He had me cleaning his room ALL MORNING. You know how many photos that jerk has? More than all of us combined, that's for sure," Pooja griped.

Yudi and Huda stifled their laughter at Pooja's predicament, while Ali sat next to her with a sympathetic expression and began to massage her hand.

Meanwhile, Alekh wore a thoughtful expression. "Hey, let's go to the game room," he suggested.

At the mention of the game room, the group straightened up with interest. These days, they only used that room to discuss their mission, Guiding Light. If Alekh wanted to go there, he must have found something important.

The group grabbed their coffees and headed to the game room, chatting casually as they went. Despite their secretive mission, they appeared to be just a group of friends enjoying their free time together. Naina's illusion magic helped keep any faculty members from getting suspicious, although the group was unaware of this fact.

Once inside the game room, Alekh asked everyone to take a seat. "I had an idea," he began, pacing in front of the group. "What kinds of photos does Major Nair have?" he asked Pooja.

"He has all sorts of photos. Many are from various functions over the years, some are candid shots, and he even has pictures from our freshman ball," Pooja replied.

Naina immediately understood where Alekh was going with this. "Do you think he might have photos from Alumni night, where Naveen was seen with his girlfriend? That's what Suri ji told us, right?" she asked.

Huda nodded in agreement. "Yes, Suri ji did mention that he came to the Alumni night," she recalled.

"It's definitely a possibility, but we'd have to go through all of those photos to find him," Pooja pointed out.

Yudi raised a valid question. "But since we don't really know what Naveen looks like, how are we supposed to find him in those photos?" he asked.

"I'll ask Rajveer sir to point him out," Naina suggested.

"Sir could never say no to our Naina ji," Ali teased with a smirk, causing the rest of the group to chuckle.

Naina was taken aback. "Ali, you're supposed to be the good boy of our group. How could you tease me like that?" she pouted.

"Well, whether I'm a good boy or a bad boy, brothers always tease their sisters about their romantic interests," Ali replied with a grin.

Pooja expressed her admiration for Ali, "My Ranjha, I'm so proud of you. You're upgraded so much since you first arrived." They had recently revealed their feelings for each other and had become an official couple.

Blushing, Ali replied, "I've learned that achieving one's goals doesn't have to mean sacrificing the journey to get there. And after Pooja ji accepted my feelings, I realized that everyone deserves to live their own lives... especially good people like Rajveer sir and Naina ji."

"You're absolutely right, Usool," Huda added while patting his back.

"Alright, let's focus on our mission," Naina said, bringing everyone's attention back to the task at hand. "But how are we going to get those photos to examine? I doubt Nair would hand them over so easily."