Ch. 09 ⭐

Early the following morning, Brigadier Chandok summoned Cadet Naina Campbell to his office. After receiving permission to enter, Naina knocked on the door and walked in. "Cadet Campbell reporting, sir!" she greeted formally.

"Stand at ease, Cadet," BC said with a nod.

Naina relaxed her stance and focused on him.

"Cadet Campbell, when you first came to this academy, you challenged me. You promised that you would receive the Sword of Honor from my hands, which I would present to you with pride. Seeing your current test results, I am happy to say that I was mistaken that day. You are truly proving yourself and your hard work shows. Not only are you focusing on your classes and training, but you have also made friends with a nice group. I have observed you encouraging other cadets over the past few days. Well done!" BC told her warmly.

"Thank you, sir. But they are my friends, and I would never want my fellow soldiers to fail. I want my group of friends to be known as the best soldiers in the Indian Army," Naina said with determination.

BC smiled, pleased. "That's why I have decided that you and your group of friends will be in charge of tomorrow's functions. Tomorrow is 15th August, our Independence Day. It is KMA's tradition that every year, 1st-year cadets prepare for this day. So, this year, you and your friends will do it. The rest of the first-year cadets will work under you. You're the leader. Lead them all and make this the best Independence Day celebration this academy has ever seen. Got it?"

"I won't let you down, sir!" Naina assured him.

"Good. You're dismissed, Cadet," BC replied.

Naina saluted and left. She joined the rest of her friends and explained what BC had told her. Soon, Subedar Suri arrived with a notice and read it aloud to all the first-year cadets to let them know that Super Six would be in charge of this event, and Naina would lead them all.

....-....

All the cadets were full of enthusiasm as they started preparing for the day. Ali and Alekh were responsible for the food and were assisted by eight other cadets. Pooja and Yudi led the decoration team with thirteen other cadets. Huda was in charge of setting up the programs under Naina's guidance. By the end of the night, everything was ready for the celebration on 15th August.

Since vampires didn't sleep, Naina spent her nights reading books or stories online. That night, she was reading Naveen's diary under her blanket when she heard some strange noises coming from the academy building. Frowning, she snuck out of the hostel and went to the courtyard where the Independence Day celebration would take place the next day. She found Huda burying a time bomb underneath the flag post. Naina frowned and stayed hidden. 

She waited until Huda left before removing the bomb. She made sure the flag post looked undisturbed before she went out. She did everything in high speed as she didn't want to get caught in the CCTV cameras. "Where do I take it? I know nothing about bombs. Should I just take it out of the academy? No! What if it blasts and hurts innocent people? Rajveer sir... yes! He'll know what to do with it." she thought to herself. Rounding the building, Naina went to the same window with which she had previously sneaked into Rajveer's room.  

Urgently, Naina knocked on Rajveer's window. After a few minutes, he moved the curtains and opened the window with bleary eyes. "Cadet Naina?! What are you doing at my window?" he asked, glancing at the clock. "At 1 am?"

Naina showed him the bomb and asked, "Do you have any idea how to defuse it? Or what should one do with it if they DON'T know how to defuse it?"

Rajveer's eyes widened in shock. "That's a time bomb!" he exclaimed.