Ch. 47 ⭐

The day before Diwali,
ABCD hotel's convention hall.

This hotel has been reserved by Pooja's family for all the guests from both sides. Considering that Ali's family hails from Kanpur, it was the most convenient arrangement. The boys of the Super six, along with Rajveer and Gunny, chose to stay at the hotel, identifying themselves as part of the groom's party. Given that Pooja had numerous cousins, Ali's side of the family appeared a bit sparser. Ali, being naturally reserved, hadn't built a large circle of friends prior to joining the army. This arrangement was thus settled upon.

On the day of the engagement, the hotel's banquet hall came alive with vibrant decorations - an array of colorful flowers and twinkling lights adorned the space. The centerpiece of the hall was a grand stage, elegantly decorated with flowers, chandeliers, and delicate fairy lights. The guests filled the room with their cheerful conversations, immersing themselves in the festive ambiance and enjoying the celebratory atmosphere.

The excitement was palpable as friends and family from both sides mingled, sharing warm greetings and well-wishes. Laughter and smiles echoed through the air, creating a sense of joy and togetherness that enveloped the event. The hall itself seemed to radiate with the happiness of the occasion.

Naina and Pooja were both dressed in breathtaking traditional outfits, fully prepared for the upcoming engagement ceremony. They waited together in the specially reserved room for the bride's preparations. Pooja's attire was a splendid maroon lehenga adorned with vibrant embroidered patterns on both the upper and lower parts of the garment. She adorned herself with an intricate kundan necklace set, including a heavy choker, along with matching bangles that added a touch of elegance.

As Pooja gazed at herself in the mirror, her excitement was palpable. She turned to Naina, who was meticulously perfecting Pooja's hairstyle. In a hushed tone, Pooja shared her disbelief and enthusiasm, "Can you believe this moment is finally here?"

Naina, her reflection mirroring her friend's excitement, offered a reassuring smile. "Believe it, my friend. Because it's actually happening. Pooja, you and Ali make a wonderful couple." Her words were filled with genuine warmth and happiness for her best friend.