Five

A/N:  Me just realizing that I spelled shunshin wrong, since I spelled it as "shushin" before. Sorry!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Naruto's POV

"I caught her!" I say, proudly holding up the cat. Sasuke and Sakura run over to me, panting. The cat is struggling in my hands, but I give her a cold stare and she hisses in defeat.

"I think-" pant "You're the only one-" pant "Who can-" pant "Actually match her speed." Sakura forces in between breaths. Sasuke takes a deep inhale and catches his breath.

"This is like, the fourth time we've had to catch her. Can't the hokage give us any harder missions?" He sighs. Kakashi lands on a tree branch above us. 

"Nice job, crew. But you're only fresh genin, and you've only been going on missions for a few days." He says. "I'mnot sure you're ready."

"But we're stronger! We can take on harder missions!" Sakura whines. I grin.

"It wouldn't hurt to ask." I say. They both look at me and nod thoughtfully. Kakashi sighs.

Hokage's office

"Alright... good job of catching Tora... again..." The hokage mumbles. "Well Team 7, for your next mission-"

"Old man, could you give us a harder mission?" I groan, putting my hands behind my head. "How about just an easy C rank? We can handle it!" Sasuke and Sakura nod along with me. Kakashi sticks his hands in his pockets and looks away, whistling. The hokage glares at me. I smirk.

Iruka, the chunin on post, stands up. "No way! Naruto, you're just a new genin! You shouldn't be going on harder missions this early-" The old man holds up his hand, cutting him off. 

"...Fine." The old man says in defeat. I smirk, knowing that he knows that I would bother him until he gives us a harder mission. "But just an easy C rank. Ok?" The three of us high five. Then Sasuke seems to notice my bandages. 

Oh shoot. Whyyy didn't you heal it faster?

"I did heal it. You forgot to take off the bandages."

Crap.

He moves to grab my wrist. "What's this?" He whispers. I yank my hand away and pull down my sleeve.

"Nothing." He frowns slightly, but doesn't push any further. Then I notice the Hokage say something about letting the client in. 

An old man stumbles into the room, smelling of alcohol. He wears a simple brown shirt, with a straw hat on his grey hair. Sakura wrinkles her nose at the smell. 

"Whaaa? These are the brats that are supposed to be guarding me?" He points his beer bottle at me. "They don't look strong, 'specially that one." I frown. I dislike him immediately. 

"Would you like to test that theory, old man?" I say coldly, crossing my arms. He freezes, and the room drops to a dead silence. Sasuke elbows me gently. I blink, the tension melting away, and I can almost hear sighs of relief from the people in the room.

"...Don't worry sir, I'm a jonin, and these three are stronger than you think." Kakashi says, trying to lighten the mood. "You'll be fine." The old man nods slowly, staring at me with uncertainty.

"Right... anyway, Team 7, your mission is to escort Tazuna, the bridge builder, to the Land of Waves, and oversee the rest of the bridge building. Is that clear? You shouldn't encounter any problems." The hokage says. We all nod, and Kakashi claps his hands.