Four

Sasuke's POV

I watch as Naruto plays around with his ramen, a lost look on his face. One second he's happy and carefree, and the next second he's serious and cold. Bipolar, I sigh. He doesn't know when to switch from his anbu face to his regular face. Honestly, I'm not sure which is his regular face.

"I thought you liked ramen." I decide to say to him. Sakura leans around me to see what's going on.

"Come on Naruto, what's wrong? Kakashi-sensei's paying!" Sakura says, slurping up some noodle, ignoring Kakash-sensei as he sighs again.

Naruto looks up at us. "Hm? Oh yeah, sorry... I was just thinking..." He smiles at us, and stuffs some ramen in his mouth.

Sakura shrugs and continues eating. I continue staring at him. Now. Ask him now.

"...Are you ever going to tell me why you're here?" I ask. He looks at me with a playful smile and swallows, placing down his empty ramen bowl.

"Do you want me to?" He muses. I frown.

"Well, that's why I asked, idiot!" I whisper-hissed at him so the others wouldn't hear.

He shrugs. "Maybe. When the right time comes." I face-palm.

"You're unbelievable." I sigh. He smirks.

"And you have a death wish, calling an anbu commander an idiot."

"Hn."

He laughs, and looks up at the ceiling. "Hey, Sasuke?"

"Hm?"

"...Are we friends?" He whispers. I raise an eyebrow, and resist the urge to laugh.

"You, the most powerful anbu commander, is worried about whether we're friends or not?" I tease. He frowns.

"Just answer my question." He groans.

I sigh, and elbow him. "Sure, Naruto. We're friends." He breaks into a grin, and asks for another bowl of ramen. I look over at Kakashi, who's counting his money, drooping his head.

Naruto's POV

Sasuke agreed that we're friends. It takes all my self-control not to cheer and dance. I feel a light feeling in my chest again. Again, I think it's happiness.

"I never even knew you were capable of cheering. I've never seen you this happy before." Kurama laughs.

S-shut up! ...I have to make sure I don't get too attach though...

"What's wrong with having a bond with friends?" My happy mood sinks a bit.

...It's so easy to get hurt when you have bonds.

"Oh God, not this again."

Ah, go to sleep, you lazy fox. We have to report to the hokage later.

"Hn."

Who's sounding like an Uchiha now?

"Shut it, kit."

I finish my second bowl of ramen, and wave goodbye to the three of them. Sasuke "hns," classic, and Sakura waves at me. I laugh inwardly as I imagine Kakashi's empty wallet. He just sighs and lazily waves goodbye at me.

Once I'm far away enough, I shushin to the Hokage's office once again.

Hokage's office

"Naruto?" The old man says, looking up from his paperwork. "...Odd not seeing you in your regular anbu uniform." I shrug.