Three

Naruto's POV (Sorry, everyone's POV will now be in 1st person.)

I stand up, holding a handsign, and shushin into the hokage's office in my regular anbu attire. I kneel on my right knee and place my right fist on the ground. My left arm rests on my left knee, and I look down at the floor.

"Ah, Na-"

"It's Kitsune, Lord Hokage." I say, not looking up. The hokage blinks at me.

"Right... Well Kitsune, report?"

I begin to open his mouth when the door to the hokage's office knocks.

"Come in." Lord Third says. Kakashi creaks open the door and steps in.

"Lord-" He notices me. "Ah, Commander."

"Dog."

"I told you to call me Kakashi."

"Right... Kakashi." I say, turning to look at him.

"Am I interrupting, Lord Hokage?" Kakashi asks, turning back to the old man. The Hokage smiles. 

"Not at all, Kakashi. You needed something?" Kakashi rubs the back of his head.

"Not really... but one of my students, Naruto Uzumaki? I couldn't find any files on him, and it never mentioned him being in the academy?"

"...Ah, that was because Naruto was never in the academy. I think he transferred from another village recently."

Kakashi raises his eyebrow. "Then why does he want to be hokage?"

The old man raises an eyebrow. I know he's looking at me, but I continue looking at Kakashi.

"...Well, I've met him a few times before, to help him get acquainted with our village, so maybe he took a liking to my job. You never know with kids." He said, choosing his words carefully. Kakashi nods, thinking for a moment.

"Alright. Then I have nothing more to say. See you soon, Kitsune." He says, nodding at me and the Third Hokage before leaving. Sooner than you'd think, Kakashi.

"You told him-"

"Shh. He's lingering." I say, turning back to the hokage. We stay in silence for a while, before I nod. He sighs.

"You told him you wanted to be hokage?" He asks. "Is that true?" I stand up, and brush my pants.

"No. I would never be hokage. Though it was the first thing that came to mind, so I just said it." I say, shrugging. "Never imagined he would get suspicious so fast." The Hokage nods.

"Yes... perhaps you might have to tell him soon." He says, sighing.

"No." Lord Hokage perks up, confused.

"What?"

"I said no. You know well enough I have trust issues, old man. I'll tell who I want, and I'll keep it secret for as long as I want to. I'm lucky Sasuke doesn't care enough to spill the secret." I say. I'm glad the old man can't see me frowning under the mask. "And you know how some people might react."

"I know you have trust issues... I just wish you would open up a bit..." He says, sighing again. He seems to do that a lot around me. "Not everyone is like that..."

"Would you like to hear the report now, Lord Hokage?" I ask, changing the subject. He blinks, collecting himself, and nods.

"Right, right."

Kakashi's POV

Naruto is not who he seems, that's for sure. I don't think that kunai was by accident, for no genin could have that much aim. He passed the genin exams by flying colors, even using the Shadow Clone Jutsu during the last part, no doubt. The hokage is definitely hiding something... the question is why... who is Naruto really...