Forty-Six

SOME KAKAOBI IN THIS CHAPTER CUZ I LOVE THEM- no im not ok im unhinged and this summer was supposed to be where i could write more but nooooooo i had to have more homework and assignments. this is unfair.

Also- HAPPY PRIDE MONTH LES GOOOOOO :D 

Anyways enjoyyy 

...

Naruto's POV

Lady Tsunade was so done. I could tell. She massaged the bridge of her nose as I stood in front of her in the Hokage's office, with Obito kneeling next to me. After I had reunited back with Itachi, I told him my plans, and he agreed- saying that he would take care of the rest of the Akatsuki. And so Obito and I shunshinned here.

I gave a brief rundown of what happened to Lady Tsunade, and currently she's letting the information sink in.

"So." She breathes out, finally clasping her hands together on her desk after a moment. "You're really Obito Uchiha." He gives a small nod. "And you want to come back to the Leaf, if that correct?"

Obito tilts his head towards me. "It was mostly his idea," he says, and I feel like he's blaming me. Technically he never agreed to become a Leaf Ninja again, and I'm fairly sure the real reason why he came back at all was to see Kakashi again. Lady Tsunade turns her head towards me. 

"Naruto? Are you sure about this? This man attacked the village, launched the plan to kidnap Gaara, and... well, he killed the Fourth Hokage. Such treason cannot be taken lightly."

I sighed, and for some reason it pains me when people mention dad and mom these days. "I know. But I'm sure. Obviously he will need some sort of punishment for what he did, but in the end it was mostly Madara's manipulation."

"And you trust him?" Lady Tsunade asks. 

"I suppose so. And I'm willing to forgive him as well."

Her eyes flit towards Obito, and he gives her a sheepish smile. She sighs. "I feel like I'm being way too lenient with you, Naruto." 

Which is her way of saying fine, he can stay. I grinned.

"Right," she says, which means business time. "If you're really coming back to the Leaf, Obito, there are some things to take care of." Obito nods again. "Firstly, considering all you've done, I'm not sure whether you'll be able to regain the title of a Leaf Ninja. Maybe we'll still force you to complete missions for the Leaf, we'll see. Secondly, a public apology to the village is required. You're to tell them that you were the one responsible for the attack all those years ago, and that you were the one who controlled the nine-tails."

"I think we'll also have to incarcerate you in the T&I Department for a while, maybe two weeks at least. And also someone at jonin level at the very least will have to accompany you at all times."

"I recommend Kakashi Hatake for that job," I say, raising a hand.

Lady Tsunade glares at me. "Of course you do." She turns towards Obito again. "Do you find those terms acceptable?"

Obito bows deeply, head touching the floor. "I do. Thank you, Lady Hokage."

"Good. And Naruto- you'll take care of..." she motions to the ivory skin and horns on his body. "...those things, right."

I nod. "Would the science and research department like the cells for research?" I remember that the first hokage was Lady Tsunade's grandfather, and so seeing his cells being used like this might be unnerving.

She waves a hand, already exasperated. "Sure, sure. Send it over after you're finished."

I smiled. Now the part I've been waiting for. "Can I summon Kakashi now?"