Forty-Seven

Fluff haha

..................................................................................................

Naruto's POV

I burst into Sasuke's hospital room without a second thought, freezing when I see him sitting up and staring at me. He smiles, and tears leap to my eyes at the revelation.

Sakura catches up soon after me, looking even more worn out. "Ok-" She gasps between pants. "I'll leave you two- to talk. I'll-" She takes a breath, steadying herself. "I'll let the others know you've woken up, Sasuke."

And with that she closes the door behind me. I stand here awkwardly, suddenly wishing I had thought about what to say before I came here. He's awake. He's smiling at me.

"You're awake," I say dumbly, feeling stupid when my voice cracks. His smile softens, and he opens his arms, beckoning.

"C'mere," he says, and I'm confused. I walked over and sat on the edge of the bed. Sasuke lets out a small, cute huff. "C'mere," he repeats. Cocking my head, I scooted closer, until he leaned forward and grabbed me, pulling me onto the bed next to him. He wraps his arms around me, and I find his head on my shoulder. 

A slow blush crawls on my face. ..........................What.

"Hoho."

"Sasuke, what-" I looked up at him, narrowing my eyes at his smiling face. Why is he smiling so much? I place the back of my hand against his forehead. "...Are you okay? Are you in pain?"

He shakes his head. "Sore from not moving for a long time, but I'm fine." He pauses and arches an eyebrow when he feels my healing chakra course through his body just in case. "I'm sure you've healed me plenty already." 

"Anyway, how are you? What have I missed?" He asked, trying to start a conversation. I retract my hand, frowning suspiciously.

"You're being weird."

Sasuke looks taken aback. I can't tell if he's being sarcastic or not. "Me? Weird?"

"You're being all smiley. Sasuke Uchiha isn't all smiley."

He smiles again. Bastard. He buries his head into the crook of my neck, hugging me tighter. I have no idea what to make of it. "I missed you," he mumbles, and I'm not sure what to make of that either. I wonder if all the extra healing I did affected his brain in some way.

"You poor, dense, oblivious shit."

What???

"Nothing."

I let out a small sigh and awkwardly patted his back, not sure if I would be welcome to return the hug. "I missed you too," I say, because it's the truth. Then Sasuke leans back and grins. It makes my heart skip. When was the last time I saw him smile like this?

"I'm just really happy right now," he sighs. "I don't know why."

He changes the subject again. "So? How is Itachi? How are you?"

I'm not sure what made him want to hug me, or what caused his odd mood, but the gesture makes my chest warm all the same. "I'm fine. Itachi's fine. He's taking care of the Akatsuki."

"Oh yeah, and you brought Kakashi's teammate back, right? Obito Uchiha? Funny I've never really heard his name in the clan before."

"..."

I paused. A slow dread sinks in. 

"How... did you know about Obito?" He's just woken up, there's no way he would know his name. Sakura wouldn't have had time to tell him.