Twenty-Two

Naruto's POV

To say that I'm blinded with rage is a pure understatement. I'm blinded with a strong, utterly piercing hate and an urge to rip Kabuto's eyes out and watch him scream in agony. Of course, I know killing for revenge never helps or makes you feel better- I've killed long enough to know. But at least Kabuto would be gone.

The old man... I didn't even bother to look at his body back there. I couldn't bring myself to. Fuck you, old man. You couldn't at least keep your guard up? Where were Izumo and Kotetsu? But- they aren't to blame either. They wouldn't stand a chance against Kabuto anyway- he's stronger than he looks. 

I let out an angry "tch," my blood boiling. Sasuke... I'm glad Kabuto didn't decide to take you too. When I find him....

I've been shunshinning south for a while now. Suddenly, I perk up. I sense him! In the middle of a forest outside the village.

I shunshin in front of Kabuto, and quickly send a blow to his stomach so strong, he's sent flying through trees before he could fucking comprehend what just happened.

I shunshin over to his body, which is slumped against a tall tree trunk, and grab him forcefully by the collar, growling. "What the fuck. Did you do, you snake?" I spit. When Kabuto regains his senses, he sees me, and smirks a bit.

"Commander Kitsune. I'm honored." He muses, blooding dripping from his mouth. He looks at me weakly. "The fact that you found me means that you already knew what I did."

"You fucking bastard." I say between clenched teeth, baring my teeth behind my mask. "I should fucking rip your eyes out."

And he laughs. The bastard fucking laughs

"The Commander's losing his cool, I see." He says, smirking. "I see you were close to the old man." He leans a bit closer, breathing on my mask. "Say. I was always curious. What's behind that mask of yours?"

Snarling, I rip my mask away, showing my face contorted with anger, grinning evilly. 

"Happy?" I spit again. No use hiding things from a dead man, anyway. I sort of want him to know who I am too- to be the last face he sees before he goes to hell. Kabuto's eyes widen, before he grins.

"Naruto Uzumaki. What a surprise." He chuckles. "So that's why Kitsune and Naruto were always around Sasuke. He was in good hands, I see."

"You keep his name out of your mouth, snake." I snarled, my body twitching with anger. Kill him. Just kill him.

Kabuto looks amused. "Oh~ protective, I see." He muses, pushing up his cracked glasses with his finger. I let out a small growl. Kill him, Naruto. Do it. What are you waiting for?

"Oh, come on, Naruto." He mocks. "Why don't you just kill me already? Oh- I know. Some part of you hesitates. You don't want to face the inevitable." Shut up. "You don't want to face the truth." Shut UP. "The truth that maybe, just maybe, the Hokage's death might be part of your fault." SHUT. UP. "I mean, of course I killed him, but you-"

"SHUT UP!" I scream, ramming my hand through his chest. Blood dribbles out of his mouth as he coughs, eyes widened in shock. He smiles weakly.

"...I'll see you in hell, Naruto Uzumaki." He manages, as the life seeps from him. His eyes close, and I can't sense his chakra anymore.

A bit shocked, I take my hand out of his chest, dropping his body. I stare at my blood soaked arm- then at the bloody hole in his chest that I made.

Letting out a shuddering sigh, I seal his body away, and pick my mask back up. Just like I thought- it never makes me feel any better. But at least he's dead now.