Thirty

Naruto's POV

Kurama, being the sweet, paranoid fox he is- 

"Wait, What the fuck-" 

-made me agree to some terms. First, never attempt on my life again. ...Fair enough. If I do, Kurama threatened to kill me himself. Second, to open up a bit more. I thought that was an odd term, but hey, it shouldn't be that hard, right? (Don't tell Kura- but I barely know what "open up a bit more" means, or how to do it.)

Currently, I'm laying on the bed, resting my head in Sasuke's lap. It's still early in the morning, and the sun's up, so maybe I'll ask Lady Tsunade for a mission later. Sasuke's petting my head, making me slightly sleepy.

"How was the talk with Kakashi?" He asks softly. I close my eyes, leaning into his touch. 

"Mm. Pretty good." I mumbled. Then I paused before continuing. "He figured us out."

Thankfully, Sasuke doesn't stop petting me. He sighs, as if amused. "Well, Kakashi-sensei's smart too. And knowing you- you would turn red at even the sound of my name, wouldn't you? Then it would be pretty obvious." I can practically feel him smirk.

I opened my eyes and frowned slightly at him- frustrated that I feel my cheeks grow hot. "I do not."

Sasuke's smirk spreads. "You're doing it now." He muses. I huff in protest, leaning my head back. Sasuke just laughs, which makes me smile a bit. I rarely see him laugh- and he does it only for me.

"I'm going on a mission later- I might head to the grocery store on the way back. Do you need anything?" I ask, changing the subject. Sasuke purses his lips, as if thinking. Then he shakes his head.

"I'll go myself- I also have to meet with Sakura later." 

I nod. "Alright then. Can you get me some-"

"I'm not getting you ramen." Sasuke deadpans. I put on the most innocent face I can muster.

"Aww, why not? I haven't had ramen in a long time!"

"Like I said before, instant ramen is bad for you."

"Pleeeeease? Just this once. I promise I won't ask again, pleeeeeeeeeeease-"

He lets out a long sigh. "If you shut up, I'll bring you to Ichiraku for dinner."

I sit up in a jolt, and turn to face him, my eyes twinkling. "Really???"

Sasuke pokes me in the forehead, chuckling. Gasp. He just did an Itachi. "Yes, really."

I beam at him, and get up from the bed. "Alright! You're paying though." I tease, smirking at him- both of us know I eat a lot. Sasuke sighs again, nodding reluctantly. Smiling, I start to head for the door- the sooner my mission gets finished, the sooner we can eat.

"Wait." I hear Sasuke say, making me pause. "You're forgetting something." My eyes widen.

"Oh right!" I say, and I run back, giving him a peck on the lips. "Love you!"

Sasuke smirks. "Mm. Love you too."

"Adorable."

Shut up.

...........................................................................................................

I appear in the Hokage's office in my Anbu attire, a bit eager to finally have a mission. Tsunade's signing paperwork at the table, biting her bottom lip as she reads over what looks to be an article. She looks up, and notices me, letting out a small yelp. I see Shizune from the corner of my eye, tending to the pig. Her eyes flit over to me, but she mostly ignored me.