Thirty-One

Naruto's POV

The hospital smells bad. Like medicine and bleach and alcohol- (The kind you use for cleaning, not drinking.) Even in the doctor's office, you can hear the constant beeping of heart monitors and the rushed footsteps of nurses and doctors scampering around the hospital.

The psychology test was different than I expected. I figured it was like looking at weird shapes and saying what I thought they represented in my life- but really, it was a few brain scannings- and asking a lot of questions about how I felt on a daily basis and why. There were also questions about how I responded whenever I felt down or upset or something like that. Honestly, it was all just pretty stupid, if you ask me.

I'm sitting in the main doctor's office, in front of a giant desk with a singular computer and loads of paperwork on the desk. My arms are crossed in front of my chest, my legs propped up on the table. I'm wearing my Anbu uniform just in case.

A knock on the door. I look to my left, and see the doctor stepping in nervously, a file in his arm.

"...Lord Commander." He says slowly, walking over and sitting at his desk. "The results of the psych test just came in." Lord Commander? Where the hell did that come from?

"Commander is fine." I say simply, ignoring as his eyes flit to my legs propped on his desk. He sweatdrops.

"...Right. My apologies." Then he hands me the file in his hand. 

"So, unfortunately, you have major depressive disorder, as well as mild anxiety.... in this file are some things you can do to help, and some extra information about depression. I've also prescribed you some medication you can take with you when you leave." 

I knew it, I sighed mentally. I twitched in annoyance, and he flinches as I take the file from him. I read over the file.

Living with depression- living with depression can be hard, but here are some things that can help:

- Challenge negative thoughts

- Do things you enjoy

- Exercise regularly

- Create a support system and-

Ok. This is completely useless.

"Really? I think it's decent."

...You sound like a parent accompanying their child to a doctor's office.

"And I take pride in that."

I roll my eyes under my mask. In the file are also some names of therapists. Yeahhhh no. I'll pass. I don't feel like talking to a stranger about my feelings. I let out a small exhale and start to get up. "Thank you for your time." I say flatly to the doctor, who I don't bother learning his name. He nods nervously at me, staring at me with a mixture of awe and something else.

I go to the front desk to pick up my anti-depressants- honestly, I think they're a waste of money and won't help me in any way, but whatever. Once I'm out of the hospital, I'm met with a sudden burst of sunlight. I blinked a few times, adjusting to the light, thankful my mask shields me a bit. 

Ugh. And the sun isn't helping at all.

Sasuke's POV

I hear the click of a door shutting, and a familiar sigh. I look up, and see Naruto who came back from his doctor's appointment- a bag and a file in his hand.