𝖼𝗁𝖺𝗉𝗍𝖾𝗋 𝗈𝗇𝖾

𝐂𝐑𝐔𝐄𝐋 𝐒𝐔𝐌𝐌𝐄𝐑    /    𝖼𝗁𝖺𝗉𝗍𝖾𝗋 𝗈𝗇𝖾❛ guys, i think there's a boat down there

guys, i think there's a boat down there. ❜

STELLA'S EYES STUNG with exhaust. The night previous, the girl had gotten little to no sleep considering how loud the sound of the rain and wind had been. Not that she slept much since her father disappeared, anyway, but usually she got at least a few hours of sleep. Last night, she got none.

Her eyes blinked open slowly, adjusting to the new light "Oh, fuck me," she grumbled as she rubbed her eyes.

She blew out a harsh breath and leaning over to her nightstand and reaching for her phone. She groaned when the words No Signal flashed across the screen.

The girl's eyes, soon, averted toward her open doorway after her brother knocked on the wide-open door. "How'd you sleep?"

Stella shook her head as she sat up. "I didn't," she told him as she reached for the light switch.

John B shook his head, "Power's out. I already tried."

Stella groaned again as she fell back on her bed. John B laughed before walking out of her room and down the hall. The girl laid there, gazing up at the ceiling before she finally stood up, grabbing a random t-shirt to throw on overtop of her sports bra and walking down the same hallway.

The girl made her way to the kitchen before stopping when she saw JJ still sound asleep on the couch. The girl smiles at his peaceful state before she reached into the fridge for a water.

Stella made her way over to JJ. She gazed down as she ruffled her hand through his shaggy blonde hair. "Wakey, wakey, sunshine," she chirped.

JJ groaned for a moment before he opened one eye and smiled when he saw Stella. He basked in the feeling of her hand in his head before she tore it back and leaned up against the wall.

JJ rolled over onto his back. "Sleep good?"

Stella nodded as she took a sip from her water. "Oh, the best," she said sarcastically. "The sound of the hurricane rocked me right to sleep."

JJ chuckled as his eyes sparkled at the sight of the fabric wrapped around Stella's body. "Nice shirt," he suggested.

Stella furrowed before she gazed down at it, realizing it was one of JJ's t-shirts. The girl flushed at the sight, before she headed out as a way to hide it.

Stella groaned when she saw the damage from the hurricane. "Goddamn," she cursed.

"Agatha did some work, huh?" whistled JJ.

Stella nodded as she stepped into the HMS. "Indeed she did."

John B gazed up at Stella as he pulled out a large tree branch from the boat. "I hope she still runs."