𝖼𝗁𝖺𝗉𝗍𝖾𝗋 𝖿𝗈𝗋𝗍𝗒-𝗈𝗇𝖾

𝐂𝐑𝐔𝐄𝐋 𝐒𝐔𝐌𝐌𝐄𝐑    /    𝖼𝗁𝖺𝗉𝗍𝖾𝗋 𝖿𝗈𝗋𝗍𝗒-𝗈𝗇𝖾❛ pogue style

𝐂𝐑𝐔𝐄𝐋 𝐒𝐔𝐌𝐌𝐄𝐑 / 𝖼𝗁𝖺𝗉𝗍𝖾𝗋 𝖿𝗈𝗋𝗍𝗒-𝗈𝗇𝖾
❛ pogue style. ❜

THE CREW GATHERED at the docks where they waited for John B. The Phantom was resided in the water while JJ and Pope prepared it for the sea. Kiara was on the dock with Stella while she paced, biting her nails while a pit grew in her stomach from the fear for her brother.

"Dude, where is he?"

"Give him a second. He'll be here."

"He's coming. He'll be fine."

They freeze on the spot when they see an approaching police car with sirens wailing. "JJ!"

"Hey, yeah. Get back on the boat."

"Shit."

Their panic stops with the sirens and they watch a familiar face step out of the vehicle. Stella laughs lightly before running over and wrapping her arms around John B's neck. "Oh, my fucking God." She pulls away and looks between her brother and the vehicle. "How the hell....?"

"Shoupe let me take if to a spin." His arm falls loosely around her shoulders and they walk toward the others.

"Okay. That's believable. I'll buy that for now." Kiara chuckles at the boy and walks toward him to pull him in a hug.

"It wasn't easy, bro, but I got the Phantom for you." JJ throws the keys in his direction. "She runs like she was made yesterday. You ready to go?"

"Where's Sarah?"

Stella's brows furrow. "She's not with you?"

"No, we got seperated in the swamp. She said she'd meet me here." John B looks at his friends for answers but none of them had seen her.

"No, we haven't seen her."

"Okay, well, I'm not leaving without her."

"John B, look at me. I know you feel bad for leaving, but there's no time, man. You've got plenty of gas, plenty of food. Once you get around that point, it's a straight shot across the sound to Dismal Swamp, okay?" JJ puts a hand on John B's shoulder but he wasn't listening. "Once you get there, lay low, alright? Hang out for a couple of weeks and then go overland, cross the border at Brownsville, you got that? Brownsville." John B's eyes wander elsewhere when JJ grabs his face. "You— Hey! You got that?"

"Yeah, yeah. Brownsville."

"All right, saddle her up, saltwater cowboy. Let's do this. Yeah."

John B climbs onto the boat and falters to look at his friends. "Hey. Hey. I'm sorry for basically... throwing us off a cliff with this whole treasure hunt thing."

"Hey, John B, yo... we were bound to run off a cliff at some point, right?" They all laugh through the pain stinging their hearts. "At least we did it together, though." His arms wrap around Stella's waist and Pope's shoulders. "Pogue Style."