𝖼𝗁𝖺𝗉𝗍𝖾𝗋 𝗍𝗁𝗂𝗋𝗍𝗒-𝗌𝗂𝗑

𝐂𝐑𝐔𝐄𝐋 𝐒𝐔𝐌𝐌𝐄𝐑    /    𝖼𝗁𝖺𝗉𝗍𝖾𝗋 𝗍𝗁𝗂𝗋𝗍𝗒-𝗌𝗂𝗑❛ fuck the police

❛ fuck the police. ❜

STELLA ROUTLEDGE USED to always follow along with her brother. He was her partner in crime, and anytime the cops were involved, they went through it together. Not this time. This time, Stella followed her three best friends to an abandoned open warehouse, watching the Cameron's plane fly over their heads.

"There goes the gold. Shit!" JJ kicked an old plastic chair, watching it break into a tiny pieces and scatter across the dirt.

"Fuck!" Pope grabbed a baseball bat and started wrecking everything in sight. "God damn it! Shit! Fuck! Shit! Damn it!" His friends stood and watched in shock. Pope had never been one to lash out. They always gave him shit about it because he was always incredibly level headed. This was new for them.

Stella flinches slightly when she heard the clatter of a metal trashcan hit the wall. "Pope..."

The boy started to hyperventilate before he fell onto an old sofa behind him. Stella looks at Kiara and they step froward, looking around before the Routledge girl takes a seat next to him, placing a comforting hand on his knee.

"Yeah, dude. I was wondering when this was gonna happen." JJ steps over to Pope and hands him his juul. "Here you go, chief. A little weed never hurt no one."

"JJ." Stella warns as the pad of her thumb rubs Pope's knee.

"Relax, Stella."

"You know he doesn't smoke." Kiara adds.

Pope snatches the juul from the blonde as tears stream down his face. "Well, maybe not until today."

Stella shakes her head while JJ falls onto the sofa beside her. "Pope, you don't have to do that."

Kiara nods. "Yeah. What is that gonna help?"

Pope looks up at her, sadness and defeat in his eyes. "I lost my scholarship. Walked out in the middle of the interview. Everything— It's gone. It's not gonna happen."

"You did that for us?"

"No, not for us." He rises to his feet and steps to Kiara. "For nothing."

"I'm here for you, Pope." JJ grabs the boys shoulders. "Welcome to my world, okay?"

Stella rubs her temples between her hands. "JJ—"

"What, Stell? He's right. It doesn't matter anymore."

Stella looks up at him with storms in her eyes before rising to her feet and watches Pope lean on a pilar as he puts the juul between his lips. "You don't have to do that." Kiara tells him.

He blows out the smoke and looks over at the two girls. "What do you care?"

Pope squints his eyes at a familiar face. Stella and JJ snap their heads around, nearly getting whiplash.