𝖼𝗁𝖺𝗉𝗍𝖾𝗋 𝗍𝖾𝗇

𝐂𝐑𝐔𝐄𝐋 𝐒𝐔𝐌𝐌𝐄𝐑    /    𝖼𝗁𝖺𝗉𝗍𝖾𝗋 𝗍𝖾𝗇❛ redfield lighthouse

❛ redfield lighthouse. our dad's favorite place. ❜

REDFIELD LIGHTHOUSE had always been Big John's favorite spot. He had taken his children there on multiple occasions. Sometimes Stella, John B and occasionally JJ would sneak off to the lighthouse in the middle of the night and goof off. Stella recalled one time JJ brought her there after she had a bad fight with John B following her father's disappearance. They sat at the top watching the stars and getting high of the weed he provided. Best night of her life.

There was no place like Redfield Lighthouse. That's why the Routledge twins assumed the word Redfield scratched on their father's compass was leading them there. They assumed Redfield Lighthouse held all the answers.

"I mean, it's obvious, right?" John B drove the Pogues through a narrow road, one that lead them directly to the lighthouse. "A family heirloom. What better place to hide a message? He had to know it would get back to us, right?"

Kie nodded. "Yeah, it's possible."

Pope shrugged as he played with the compass. "It could also be possible that you're concocting wild theories to help, you know, deal with your sad feels."

Stella raised her head off JJ's shoulder, grabbing a random object on the floor and throwing it at him. "We're not concocting, Pope. He's out there. Our father's out there."

"Bro, you know how I process my sad feels. Dank nugs and the stickiest of ickies, that's how I do it."

"We know, J." Stella rolled her eyes, sliding her fingers through his and playing with his rings.

"I'm not concocting, okay? Our dad is trying to give us a message," John B protested.

"If it helps you guys believe, John B."

"Look, I-I don't need a therapy session, okay? I'm not trippin' out."

"It's okay to trip, bro, but-"

"Look, our— our dad is missing, okay? Missing. You don't know what it's like to have the person closest to you vanish, and then have no idea what happened. Just wake up every morning wondering." The Pogues exchanged a glance.

JJ sucked in a breath as he gazed down at the girl on his shoulder. He didn't understand from first-hand experience, but he saw how much their father's disappearance broke the two. He saw it in the way they acted, especially Stella. It tore her apart.

"It's been almost a year."

Stella's eyes snapped to Kie. She sighed, squeezing JJ's hand. He frowned. He wanted to give her some hope. "Hey, he could have been kidnapped. That's definitely a possibility."

"Yeah, could be in a Soviet sub getting interrogated by the KGB somewhere," Pope added.

"Absolutely, uh, or Atlantis."