𝖼𝗁𝖺𝗉𝗍𝖾𝗋 𝖿𝗈𝗋𝗍𝗒-𝗍𝗐𝗈

𝐂𝐑𝐔𝐄𝐋 𝐒𝐔𝐌𝐌𝐄𝐑    /    𝖼𝗁𝖺𝗉𝗍𝖾𝗋 𝖿𝗈𝗋𝗍𝗒-𝗍𝗐𝗈❛ i can't lose you, john b

𝐂𝐑𝐔𝐄𝐋 𝐒𝐔𝐌𝐌𝐄𝐑 / 𝖼𝗁𝖺𝗉𝗍𝖾𝗋 𝖿𝗈𝗋𝗍𝗒-𝗍𝗐𝗈
❛ i can't lose you, john b. i can't lose you like
we lost dad. ❜

THE TEENS WERE LED into tents that the police had set up in the search for John B. Stella's stomach churned when she sat down beside JJ and saw Ward Cameron sitting with a blanket cuddling his body. Fucking bastard.

"Sit down. Don't move. We got a lot to talk about. Keep an eye on these kids." Shoup walks away from the Pogues, leaving them with another officer.

"Blockade is up at the marsh and Masonboro and all other inlets from Shem Creek to Breach Inlet. I want eyes on all costal access points, people. Let's get his guy."

Stella felt anger bubbling in her at their words. John B wasn't some guy who killed Peterkin. He was sixteen-year-old boy who was forced to flee his home and leave his family behind all because of some rich, selfish asshole. It pissed her the fuck off. Especially when the only person they should 'get' was sitting beside them with a blanket keeping his corse, empty body warm.

Stella's leg bounced up and down anxiously, her eyes darting around different areas of the tent, watching the search for John B continue. JJ's hand falls to the inside of her thigh, leaving it there while he rubs his thumb over her skin.

Thunder claps and Stella's body jerks. "It's okay. It's okay, baby." JJ kisses her head.

OBX was known for it's storms. With Storm Danielle coming in, it marked the second catarsaphic storm this month, following the strike of Hurricane Agatha. There was no power, thankfully. The only light emitted was from the occasional lightning bolts in the sky.

"We need eyes on the other side of the point. Go."

Lights from the surrounding houses flicker on with the return of power and Stella catches a glimpse of the Phantom glowing under the light from the lighthouse. "That's them! There they are!"

Subconsciously, Stella moves to her feet before JJ grabs her hand and pulls her down after the officer moves, his gun with him. "Hey, watch it, man."

Chaos floats over to the other side of the tents and Stella's heart rate skyrockets in her chest. Rain pours down in loud thuds on the tents roof and the lightning becomes more prominent.

"Suspect is attempting to escape to the south. Our attempts to contact the vessel were unsuccessful. We're gettin' hammered here."

Stella gulps. They're headed straight for the storm.

"Hold your position, Capitain." A chill rolls down Stella's back when she sees an officer look over at her. "I got one more card I think we can play."

Stella's head turns when she heard an officer. "Stella Routledge. Come with us."