𝖼𝗁𝖺𝗉𝗍𝖾𝗋 𝗍𝗐𝖾𝗅𝗏𝖾

𝐂𝐑𝐔𝐄𝐋 𝐒𝐔𝐌𝐌𝐄𝐑    /    𝖼𝗁𝖺𝗉𝗍𝖾𝗋 𝗍𝗐𝖾𝗅𝗏𝖾❛ dear bird and star

❛ dear bird and star. ❜

STELLA STARED BLANKLY at the package before she ushered a few rocks out of her way. For Bird and Star was printed on the front of the white package. In her father's handwriting.

Stella remained silent as she handed it to John B through the hole.

"That's not gold."

Stella gripped JJ's hand, jumping down before she settled on the ground, brushing off her clothes. Her and John B exchanged a glance. "This is from our dad."

"Code red. Code red. Square groupers! Square groupers!" JJ shouted, blowing out the smoke of his cigarette. He spun on his heels, gripping Stella's arm as they hid behind the tomb.

"Go!"

"It's the guys that robbed the Château."

The Pogues crouched behind the tomb. "Light. Light."

Stella clicked her flashlight off before reaching over and clicking JJ's head lamp. "John B, turn off the damn lamp!" she ushered. John B struggled before tucking it under his shirt. Stella rolled her eyes as JJ peered around the corner. "Homie's got a gun."

Stella groaned, her head falling back. "Screw this."

The five teens rose to their feet before taking off in sprint through the cemetery. Stella jumped up to the top go the gate before jumping down. JJ caught her before they took off the the van.

"Guys! Guys!" Stella spun on her heels, noticing Pope stuck on the gate. "I'm stuck. I'm stuck. I'm stuck."

"Come on, man!" JJ shouted before digging into his pocket.

"JJ, put that away!"

"Wait, don't move, okay?" JJ cocked the metal weapon, causing John B to stomp over, pushing his arm down.

Kiara and Stella reached up, grabbing Pope as they yanked him down. "Wait, no. You're gonna rip me. You're gonna rip me."

Stella rolled her eyes. "You're fine." She gave the boy one big yank, pulling him down as his shorts teared at the seam. Stella stifled her laugh as they hung on the gate.

"Nice! Come on, dude," JJ laughed, pushing Stella into the van. "It's a little Tootsie Roll!"

"Let's go, you idiots."

"Stupid!"

══════ ∘◦❁◦∘ ══════

The crew arrived at the Château, Stella and John B eager to find what their father left them. JJ stood in the kitchen, spreading peanut butter on a piece of moldy bread, making himself a sandwich.